The bell rings and I stuff a piece of bacon into my mouth before leaving with Hermione. "So 'Mione, what class is first?"

Hermione frowns, "Potions. The teacher hates Gryffindors. He's the Slytherin Head of House and is really biased."

This is going to be a piece of cake. Not only am I blessed by Hecate, there was a child of Hecate teaching everyone potions at Camp Half Blood a couple of years ago. I've got this in the bag.

"Cool!" I say, racing ahead of her, "To potions!" I run up a staircase. Hermione laughs. Finally! I've got my swagger back!

Hermione said, "The potions room is in the dungeons, Percy." She walks through a set of doors. As soon as the doors close, Harry and Ron are at my throat with their wands out.

"I don't know how you're getting her to trust you," Harry growled.

Ron added, "Let alone fancy you,"

Harry continued, "But you are not better than me. You act like you've been through hell and back. I have been through war. My family has been killed. I watched people die. You can't be braver than me, Death Eater."

I've been through two wars, I fumed in my head, I've watched more people die than I care to admit, and most of them have been my fault. Okay, maybe I haven't had my family killed, but that's because more than half of them are immortal.

Hermione walked back out saying, "Percy! How long does it take for you to..." She trailed off as she saw Harry and Ron threatening me.

They got off me and Ron pointed, "Percy attacked us!"

Harry quickly jumped onto the idea, "Yeah, 'Mione! We had to defend ourselves!" Hermione grabbed me by the arm and dragged me through the door.

I turned to her, "You don't believe them, do you?" I asked, uncertain. They may be jerks, but Hermione's been through a lot with them. I don't know who'd she trust.

She shook her head, "They never used to be like this. Harry was brave and smart and modest and Ron was funny and sweet. I don't know what's gotten into them, but until they get out of it, I don't know if I can be their friend."

I put my hand on her arm, "I'm sorry, Hermione. I know I'm not the brightest, but this is probably because of me. I never meant for any of this to happen."

She looked at me, tears brimming her eyes, "I'm not making a mistake by trusting you, am I?"

I grin and shake my head, "Come on! I'm Percy Jackson. You can trust me. I promise."

She hugged me, which caught me off guard. "Alright, Percy. Time to go to potions."

Time Skip to right outside Potions

Harry and Ron were glaring at my back, I could feel it. Hermione walked stiffly and purposely ahead of them. I couldn't help but feel like I tore apart their friendship, which made me feel guilty.

Hermione said, "Here we are. Be careful with this teacher, Percy. I swear he could hate us for breathing." I shrugged and we walked into the classroom. My eyes widened. I saw someone I never thought I'd see ever again.

"SEVVY!" I yelled like an Aphrodite Fangirl, jumping on his back, "You're alive!" I said in Greek. I was grinning like a maniac, and so was he.

"Percy Jackson," he said, unbelieving, "There's a face I never thought I'd see again."

I was ecstatic, "That's what I was thinking!"

Snape laughed. We go way back. I'd thought he died in the Titan War but here he is! He's the son of Hecate I was talking about! This is amazing!

Then Harry and Ron walked in and he growled, "Do me a favor and get off my back." I leapt off of him and had to face the awestruck trio.