Car Crash

Prompt- Amelia is in a car wreck and is brought to grey sloan.

OWEN POV
I was watching the news in the lobby and breaking news came on.

THERE WAS A MASSIVE CAR WRECK BY THE SEATTLE MALL. ALL VICTIMS WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO GREY SLOAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL.

I ran to the ambulance bay and there was already ambulances arriving. I went up to the first one.

"What do we got?" I asked.

"Jane Doe, found unconscious at the wheel, most severe injuries of the entire accident, head and abdominal injuries as well as a dislocated knee and what looks like a broken ankle." The paramedic said as I saw who the unidentified patient was. It was Amelia.

"It's Dr. Shepherd. Her name is Amelia Shepherd." I said, panicking. They brought her in the E.R. and she woke up before everyone came in to check her out.

"What's going on, where's Owen, I need Owen!" She panicked. I walked up to her and grabbed her hand.

"Amelia I'm right here. You were in a car accident, we're at the hospital and you're gonna get checked out." I said to her. She looked terrified.

"Owen, I'm scared, what if I die?" She said as tears poured down her cheeks.

"Hey, hey," I said as I stroked her hair and she looked at me.

"You have to fight. You won't die on me. Okay?" I said, cupping her face in my hands. She nodded and her eyes began to grow heavier by the second.

"Owen, I-I want-wanted to," she tried to say as her eyes kept falling.

"Amelia, stay with me." I said.

"I-I wanted to tell you, th-that I l-love you, I-I've nev-never told y-you and I want-wanted you to-to know." She barely got out as her breathing became unstable and her eyes stayed shut. Her heart rate went into V-tech. I busted out of the room and yelled to Kepner.

"Kepner, Amelia's crashing, get the recovery team in here!" I screamed. She ran in and they intubated her. They charged the paddles.

************
"CLEAR!" April yelled for the 4th time. Nothing happened. She looked at me.

"No." I said.

"Owen," she started.

"No!" I said firmly, taking the paddles from her.

"CHARGE AGAIN!" I yelled. They charged it again and I shocked her. I looked at the monitor and her heartbeat went back to normal, but she was still unconscious.

"We're gonna take her up to surgery now, you're not going in, no matter how bad you want in." She said firmly.

"Fine, but if you give up on her I'll never forgive you." I threatened. I knew she wouldn't take it to heart, she knows how stressed I am. They took her up and I sat in the waiting room. Someone sat next to me.

"Who do you know that was in the accident?" He asked.

"My girlfriend." I said as I pulled out the engagement ring. I wanted to propose at dinner tonight, because it was supposed to be a regular day.

"I'm sorry mate. I'm waiting on my son. I should be getting an update soon." He said as I tucked the ring away. Riggs came out and updated the man.

"Thank you Dr. Riggs. Good luck with your girlfriend." He said.

"Thank you." I said. Him and Riggs walked away and sitting in the waiting room wasn't an option for me. I went into the on call room and broke down. Once I was mostly calmed down, I sat outside the O.R.

**************
It's been hours of me just sitting outside the O.R. holding back tears. Meredith came over. She sat next to me.

"I need her to be okay Meredith. She's my world." I said. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"She'll be okay. Kepner, Bailey, Webber, Pierce, DeLuca, Wilson, Edwards, Blake, and Torres are in there. Warren is there for anesthesia, and even Robbins and Karev are helping out. All the best doctors are in there. I'm out here to support you." She reassured me. I bit my lip to hold back tears and I nodded.

************
Everyone came out and I had no clue what their faces meant. Bailey stepped forward.

"Is she dead?" I asked, worried.

"No, Owen. She's alive." She was gonna continue, but I interrupted her with a hug.

"She's still unconscious, we need to give her pain meds before she wakes up." I shook my head immediately.

"No. No pain meds. She's come too far." I said firmly.

"She will be in an excruciating amount of pain if we don't. You're not her family. This is Meredith's decision." She said, looking to Meredith. I looked at her and mouthed "please" to her.

"No pain meds." Meredith said.

"Do you wanna see her?" April asked. I nodded. She brought me to her room. She was still intubated and hooked up to machines. I sat by her for hours. April brought me food and water for energy. I didn't even get up to go to the bathroom.

************
It's been 5 hours. I haven't taken my eyes off of her. Her eyes slowly opened. She groggily looked around and saw me. She coughed and pulled at her tube. She whimpered as she looked at me, wanting the tube out. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Shhhh, I'll get it out." I said and I removed it. I stroked her hair and gave her a drink.

"What happened?" She asked, her voice really scratchy.

"You were in a car accident. You're out of surgery." I said. She looked worried.

"No pain meds, right?" She asked.

"No baby. Absolutely no pain meds." I said, stroking her cheek.

"It hurts." She whimpered. She gripped my shirt as an attempt to relieve the pain. She pulled at my shirt, as a silent question to me, asking if I could get on the bed and hold her. I carefully climbed on, trying not to pull at any tubes. I wrapped my arms around her carefully. She did her best to snuggle in, but failed to move. I carefully pulled her close to me and she was able to snuggle up to me.

"Owen.." She muttered, letting me know how much pain she was in.

"Shhhh, I know it hurts." I said, trying to soothe her. It crushes me that I can't relieve her pain.

"It hurts so bad." She whimpered.

"Oh, I know it does, I'm so so sorry baby." I said, holding her a little bit tighter to let her know I will keep her safe from the horrors of this world, forever.

"Maybe this will cheer you up. I was going to do this tonight, with dinner and flowers. But, doing it now won't hurt anyone. Amelia, I love you with all my heart. You're my world and I almost died today because you almost did. This isn't very traditional, but Amelia Shepherd, will you marry me?" I asked, pulling out the case and revealing the diamond ring.

"Yes, yes!" She said quietly, as she was still in pain. I slid the ring on her finger and kissed her. She drifted off to sleep in my arms, protecting her forever.