Part 36

Caroline was merciless and tore through England like poison in the air then France before finding her way overseas to America... Back to New Orleans. Once Elle and Niklaus woke they all search for her only able to follow her path of destruction since she couldn't be tracked. "Your wife's power greatly exceeds anything I've ever witnessed. You will only find her if she wants to be found" a witch told them when they tried. Only Elle knew she was never too far; Caroline often visited her daughter but slipped away before she was discovered by anyone else and Elle kept her secret unwilling to provoke her. "Off visiting Elle again" Damon called out to Caroline when she entered the house they were living in. She ran into him once she reached America and found that like her he'd abandoned his humanity. "Off limits Damon"

"Just asking sunshine" he smirked handing her a drink. "You know if you had some fun with the lads you brought home instead of just killing them you'd be a lot less stressed"

"If they were home with their wives instead of traipsing the streets for whores they'd be a lot less dead" she snapped downing her drink. "Enlighten me Sunshine, are you the whore in that scenario"

"I represent death in any scenario" Caroline smirked. She had learned long ago that Niklaus had ruined her for any other man, their kiss, their touch it all felt wrong. "What of all the pretty little yellow haired blue eyed girls you ruin? Remind you of someone? I should kill you for breaking my daughter's heart" 

"You know I left"he shot back as he stalked away; deep down she knew he was still in love with Elle. Caroline bathed washing away the smell of death before racing out into the night, Damon was right; she needed to have some fun.

As usual Niklaus spent his time in bars drowning his sorrows, it had been decades since he last laid eyes on his wife, felt her touch or any others. Drunk he stumbled into his room and fell into his bed not caring to removing his bloodied clothes when her voice filtered into his thoughts and he bolted up wide eyed when he saw her sitting in his window smirking. "Hello Klaus" in the blink of an eye he was standing before her drinking in every detail "Carol--" she cut him off with a kiss, there was no love, no passion; nothing but the release of the pent up frustration they felt after being apart for so long. They tore off each others clothes and ravaged each other; the first time driven by pure lust, the second wild, acrobatic and carnal. They gave themselves until they were both breathless and the only words that fell from their lips was each others name; laying spent Caroline fought the feelings bubbling to the surface. Still after so many years he managed to get beneath her skin but her insecurities plagued her, he didn't want her as she was before nor did he accept her as she was now but even with no humanity deep down all she wanted was him and knowing that he didn't feel the same way ate away at her. Caroline slipped from his room wearing nothing but his shirt as he'd ripped her dress but wandered the streets killing everything in her path, drowning herself in blood, drinking away the pain until she once again felt nothing. "You've been causing a lot of trouble for quite some time child" a man said emerging from the shadows of her room once she returned home. "I'm in no mood for games, leave now and you may take your life with you" she growled baring her fangs. The man blew a strange dust in her face and Caroline fell to the ground "the vervain and black salt drains you. We can no longer allow you wreak havoc on the world" he said picking her up and carrying her to the living area where she saw Damon lying unconscious. The man along with eleven others surrounded her linking arms and the candles placed around the room came to life as she began to chant "Numquam apparuit in locum suum omnes" they began and Caroline choked on air feeling as though she was drowning. "qui viderint te oblivisci omnes, tamquam si numquam" (Go to a place all your own never to be seen again/ let all who knew you now forget and be as though you never were) Caroline bolted up gasping for air and found herself in her bed "Damon!" She screamed but he was nowhere to be found. Dressing quickly she raced onto the streets and found them empty, houses, stores, parks, there was no one; she was completely alone. She searched for days looking for any sign of life but found none, no Damon, no Elle, no Niklaus and rage like she'd never felt seared through her veins which only grew stronger every time she tried to get out and failed; weeks turned to months and months to years with nothing but animal blood, bourbon and her murderous thoughts to comfort her...  After 176 years she'd heard a voice she was sure she'd never hear again "Hey sunshine, miss me?"