Chapter 12: I'm your worst nightmare

Quick note: Hello! How are you doing? I'm doing great! Are you uh... Mad at me? haha...

Please don't be mad ;w;

I know I took forever to post this but I got a new schedule up and running now so im sorry for the long wait... Again. I hope your at least only mildly upset. Welp... Anyways, please enjoy <3

                                                                        ........................................

Did you say dreamless? Never mind, but this wasn't a dream, that's for sure.

You look around, inspecting some tiny circles that were floating quietly across the darkness. It felt relaxing to watch each tiny, or big, orb float over, under, and around you. All of them had their own individual color and size. Reaching in front of you, you push one and watch as it floats away. You knew that this had to be a dream, but.. Something didn't feel right.

"Hello." A voice echoed from all angles around you. "You look lost. Let me help you out." The voice sounded like it was coming from a child. It also sounded familiar, like you've met them before... But where?

You open your mouth to speak but nothing comes out. You tried again yet nothing happened. Your voice was gone.

"Oh that's alright, I can do the talking for you. I am in control of this world after all." A smile seeps out of the darkness, it glows and it doesn't look friendly despite the tone of voice their using.

"You must be wondering, 'who are you?'. Well, it doesn't really matter because I can be whoever I want." The smile disappears and Papyrus walks out of the shadows. Papyrus was missing his head and both his hands were gone. 'Papyrus' quickly changes into a sort of deformed Sans. 'Sans' had only one eye socket. On the other side of his face, his teeth were broken. Blood was dripping down from his neck and jacket.

They talked in a similar tone of sans but in a deformed voice. "I guess for now you can call me.. 'Demon'."

Demon walks back into the darkness. "Do you know these two?" It asks you, referring to the previous monsters they transformed into a second ago. Again their voice echoes across the room, making it impossible for you to tell where it was coming from.

You place your hands up to your mouth and feel tape covering it. When did that get there? You tear it off. "Owe.." It really hurt too, maybe this wasn't a dream after all. "Yes, why do you ask?" You could feel that if you lied it would be a mistake.

"Papyrus and Sans.. That's what you were thinking right? I remember the first time that I met- oh right. You can't know that yet." They cut themselves off. Just who in the world were they?

"Yes I was thinking that.. why?" You couldnt breath, you just wanted to go home.

"So you do know them" They chuckle "I knew it. When will they learn? That they can never get this 'happy ending'."

You look at them confused. What do they mean by happy ending?

The voice fades and you're left to think for a second.

Where are you? The place was just... Dark. Nothing else. Sure there were these floating circles but that isn't really... Normal.

How did you get here? A second ago you were in sans's house, now here. What did they do to take you away from there?

What was that about? Do they have a grudge against Papyrus and Sans or something? Were you dragged into this without knowing it?

Demon, Is that even their real name? They've been secretive this whole time. They won't even show you what they look like, let alone say their real name.