Chapter 8: a paw-fect day

As you walked the path home with Miki, the snow quietly crunched beneath each step you took. Miki was fast asleep cradled within your arms, you decided to turn your hands back to bone to calm Miki down. All that commotion was really exhausting, so she needed this.....

As you make it to your home a dark figure lurked around the corner of your house. You notice it shamble behind your home. Was that a monster? Or a human? Whatever it was, you didn't want it to know your secret. Reluctantly, you transform your hands back to normal, waking Miki up.

"Huh? What's going on bone head ?" Miki happily teases you while sticking her tongue at you. You roll your eyes remembering that old nickname that she, for some reason, gave you one day.

"Miki I need you to go inside. someone's... no. Something's here."

You worriedly instruct her, believing that whatever it was it could be dangerous.

"Nope" she blatantly answers, winks at you, then hops down onto the snow.

"Miki plea-" suddenly, something jumps onto you knocking you to the ground, it's blue tongue happily licks you.

"Aww, such a cute puppy!" Miki joyfully dances.

It was that monster wolf from before, so it really was real huh? You sigh with relief that it wasn't something dangerous, or worse. How could it be worse? You don't know.

The monster wolf was bigger than you expected it to be, it was clearly bigger than Miki. The thing was heavy too. You were completely pinned to the ground and even with all your might, escape was impossible from this pooch.

"Miki help. I've fallen down and I can't get up!" You dramatically raise your hand to your forehead, causing the wolf to tilt its head. Miki almost wanted to forget you ever existed.

It finally trots off of you, allowing you to breathe once again. "Oh thank goodness, I thought I was a goner." You laugh.

That's final, you're officially forgotten.

Miki looked at the wolf that was sitting next to you. For some reason, it was completely focused on you, like it had known you all its life. You stare at it with as much curiosity as Miki. The wolf, even if it was entirely bones, seemed so..

So...

Words couldn't describe how you were feeling. The wolf was absolutely beautiful.

No, beautiful wasn't the correct word for it.

"Can I pet it?" Miki excitedly walks to the wolf.

"I don't know, Miki.." But she was already reaching her hand to pet it. The wolf reclined from her touch.

Did it just growl?

Miki looked a bit upset that it was so friendly to you but not to her. You could tell that it was close to biting her. You instinctively show your sharp teeth and glare at it. The wolf stops growling and whimpers. You sigh, 'what was with this wolf? Was it friendly or not?'

You get up and slowly approach it. It looks up to you curiously.

"Nice puppy." You repeat what you said to it the first time you met. It again happily wags it's tail excitedly, the ground sure is taking a beating.

You place your hand on the side of its jawbone. The wolf leans it's head into your hand, its eyes were closed and content, this seemed familiar. But why?

You slowly reach for its ribs and lightly rub them. The wolf flops onto its back to give you more room, making a snow angel.

Well a wolf angel, but whatever.

On closer examination its bone structure seemed to be male.

The wolf's blue tongue flops out of its jaw and he pants happily. Your eyes sparkled. So cute!

"Echem" Miki coughed into her fist looking to you. "What?" You ask her, "uh..... OH!" You completely forgot. This mutt distracted you from baking the goods, and it was getting really late too. "Sorry, sorry let's go." You get up and start walking to the front door. Miki already went inside.

The wolf pushes itself beside you and runs indoors. "Ugh, Why must this happen to me?" you hang your head in defeat.

You close the door and hang your jacket on its hook. "Miki watch him, and make sure he doesn't get into our food!" You yell across the room.

"Okay," she replied. Miki was taking the ingredients out for you. Oh how sweet of her!

You always cooked cinnamon buns for her as a treat since she loved them so much. She probably even memorized every step it took for you to make the thing! Miki enjoyed watching you cook.

Maybe she was old enough for you to teach her to bake? Your thought was interrupted when you heard a loud crash from the kitchen.

"Whoops, sorry...." Miki apologized. You could see her carrying broken dishes, with her safety gloves on of course, to the trash can.

Never mind, 400 more years...

The wolf walked into the living room and hopped onto your couch. He stretched all the way onto the couch, taking up the entirety of it. Did he just fall asleep? You stared dumbfoundedly at the now snoring pooch.

Another crash...

You decide to prepare the sweets now.

                                                                ( Closed )

Important Notes: Omg wolf-san has finally shown up ;-;

I NEED YOUR HELP READER, you all can choose what name the wolf shall be called, please comment below! One lucky reader will have their wolf name chosen :P

or i will just have to call wolf-san, wolf or something like that for the entirety of it XD

Please comment below! and thanks for reading <3 *hearts to all*