Chapter 38: the final chapter

your pov:

Fourteen miles east.....fourteen miles east...
You run through the trees ignoring the remaining pages.

Why did that guy help you? Was he even telling the truth about the forest ending?
You push the questions aside, believing in what Toby had said about the forest ending.

As you run, you feel the air grow colder. The wind blows strongly, blowing your hair into your face.
Your heart beats quickly as you run along.

Suddenly, you hear the rustling of leaves behind you.  You take a deep breath and turn your head.
Following you, is Jack. He is running at you full speed.
You gasp and run faster, zigzagging through the trees trying to get away from him.

He yells at you to stop, but you ignore him and keep going. You still have at least ten miles to go. Your legs ache and your lungs feel like they're about to burst. You just want to lay down and give up.
Your head starts hurting and you grow dizzy. You feel your legs grow weak.
And you notice that a few yards in front of you is the tall, faceless man. His long, inhuman arms are spread in a welcoming gesture as if he's about to give a hug.

You're now trapped. Jack is behind you, and the faceless man is in front of you. There is nowhere for you to go.
They are both closing in on you, only feet away.
You notice that deep in the woods, someone in orange goggles is watching you, disappointed.
You didn't make it....

A static noise fills your brain and rattles your skull. You cover your ears and scream as you feel an agonizing pain in your side as Jack plunges his scalpel into your flesh.
You fall to your knees as he tackles you to the ground. He claws at the wound he made in your side, digging around trying to find your other kidney.
The pain is unbearable, and you feel yourself grow numb. Your vision blurs and you become cold.
Long, black tendrils float out from the faceless mans back. They swarm around you, and everything goes black.
------------------------------------------

Your eyes fly open and you sit up in bed drenched in a cold sweat. You grip your covers as you gasp for air and try to slow down your heartbeat.
"What a weird dream....." you murmur to yourself as you yawn.

A cold wind blows into your room from your open window.
You feel yourself grow pale.
You closed your window before you went to sleep.....

ⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧⓧ
✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘

A/n: so that was the end of my Ej x reader. I hope you all had a good time reading it. I know I had a fun time writing it. ^_^
I will probably be making another fanfiction in the near future, so keep an eye out for whatever it may be.
So, yeah. Thanks for all the feedback! I love every single one of you. 💙💙💙

(And I thought that pic would be a good way to end the story

(And I thought that pic would be a good way to end the story. ^_^ )