Bucky - school

You were walking along the busy streets of New York in late afternoon. You were taking your niece Jamie to a school event.

She's not really your niece she's your cousins daughter. But you guys are like siblings. Your cousin Paul couldn't take her today so you did.

"Fine..." You said when he asked you to take her. You really didn't want to go. You started to daydream but someone was calling you. Snapping out of your daydream you realize it's your niece

"(Y/N) (Y/N)!" She calls. "Can you walk faster?" She says with a grin on her face. With the school coming into sight, she gets more and more excited and then yells : "Can I run ahead?"

"Sure thing peanut." You reply. She runs through the crowd of kids and parents, out of your sight. It's a chilly but sunny day.

The wind blows through your aburn colored hair, you can hear the sound of freshly fallen leaves crunching under your boots, and the excited chatter of children and parents.You walk along, enjoying the day but then realize your niece is nowhere in sight.

Panicked, you take your hands out of your pockets and run.

"Jamie Jamie!" "Where are you?!" You yell in a frightened tone. Once you make it into the school, you ran hoping to find Jamie but you ran right into one of the parents. "Sorry." You both apologize at the same time. "Hi my names Bucky." Says the man. He has a little girl with him sucking her thumb, lightly tugging on his hand.

"Daddy daddy, when's mom coming back?" He crouched down and brushed the hair out of her face. Making eye contact with her he says : "I told you sweetheart she's on "vacation" hopefully you won't be seeing her for a long time." The little girl has a sad look in her eyes, she quietly says

"Ok...." And puts her thumb back into her mouth. Your heart breaks for her.

You look to the man named Bucky. "I'm so sorry." You say. He try's to forget the subject. Shaking it off he says "so what are you doing here this fine afternoon?"

"I brought my niece.." "And well I was looking for her but..." "AUNTY!" You turn around and see your niece. "Jamie I told you not to run away like that your dad is going to kill me!" Bucky laughs.

"Seems like you got a handful there." He says giving you a wink. "Hi summer!" Jamie says to the little girl hiding behind Bucky's back. She pulls her thumb out of her mouth and says "Hi" very quietly.

"We're in the same class." Jamie says smiling at you. She has a big gap between her teeth. "She doesn't talk much." She says.

"She's very shy." Says Bucky. "Come on (Y/N) lets go to the classroom now!" Jamie says.

"I'll walk you there." Bucky says with a smile.