Chapter 8

Birmingham 13th July 1907

Ana's breaths quickened as she stood and looked at herself in the mirror, she was wearing a beautiful ivory silk and lace wedding gown "Oh you look beautiful sweetheart" Polly grinned as she walked towards her, she was holding a silver cross in her hand "This was mine on my wedding day, I was going to give it to my daughter on hers but..."

"It's beautiful thank you Polly" Ana steadied Pollys hands as she held the necklace up to Ana's neck. She paused as Polly fastened it, Polly was just sat smiling at her.

"What?" Ana frowned and Polly shook her head still smiling.

"I hope you know what you're doing Anastasia Lawrence?" Polly exhaled and Ana frowned.

"Why do you and Tommy insist I go by the name Lawrence, my name is Anastasia Gillespie" Ana snapper, Polly knew this annoyed Ana. She also knew it was the best way to keep her safe "Well"

"Well nothing" Polly frowned "Besides I have a bone to pick with you madam, I know you're secret..."

"What secret?" Ana looked worried.

"I know you're not pregnant" Polly half smiled "You just said it so Grandad wouldn't argue with you..."

"We don't mean anything by it, I love him Polly more than life itself probably and with this bloody war on top of us...well we both wanted to marry before he went off to war and I knew Grandad Shelby would never agree unless he thought..."

"You were pregnant" Polly smiled "I'll tell you something young lady you are more Shelby than you realise, I won't say anything to Grandad I promise"

"Thank you"

"Now come on let's go and put that poor boy out of his misery, he's been dying to see you all morning" Polly led Ana out of the front door and towards the white horse that was waiting for her.

"Cormac" Ana grinned widely "Hello boy"

××××××××

Back to now...

Ana woke to the sensation of kisses trailing down her cheek and onto her neck "Mmmm" she managed, she reached out and touched the face in front of her. Even with her eyes closed Ana recognised Tommy's features "Morning my love" She groaned before turning over.

Tommy laughed lightly and kissed her neck again, this time from behind her "Wake up beautiful" he smiled and Ana turned over "I have plans for us today"

"Plans" Ana frowned as she sat up slightly "What kind of plans?"

"Important ones" Tommy wasn't giving anything away which frustrated Ana to the core "Now come on, get up I'll make some tea"

"Tea, you're making tea?" Ana was curious but got up anyway, revealing her semi-naked body. Tommy's heart pounded in his chest as this beautiful woman stood confidently before him. Ana had never been shy of her body in front of Tommy, I mean why would she be? They had been lovers since they were 15 years old, almost half their lives ago.