Jenny gets a job?! (T.G.D chapter 2)

{A/N: I don't know the Chapmans nor do I mean them any harm. I do not earn any money at all from this work. It is clearly a work of ficton. END A/N}

Three days after the beach and pizza Jenny walked into the office. She had been calling in daily and looking for a new job. She hadn't had much luck. Duane Lee looked up as Jenny walked into the office.

"Hey Jenny. We hav missed your smiley face these last three days." he said standing up and pulling her into a side hug gently.

Jenny smiled. "I missed you guys too! I've been beating the streets looking for a job."

He nodded. "How is that going?"

"Not well. No one is highering someone with a record for drugs." She said slight a sigh.

DL nodded. "Thats what happens when you." He started.

"fuck up and do dugs. I know I know." she cut in and sighed.

DL thought for a moment. "I need to ask dad about something hold on...Leland is in his office if you wanna see him." He gently hip checked her and pointed to the office.

Jenny blushed slightly as she knocked on the office door. She heard Leland grunt out a "Come in" and opened the door slowly.

"Is this a bad time?" she asked softly.

He looked up and smiled. "No not all! Come on in!" he cleared off his desk so he could talk to her with out his work in the way.

She walked in and sat in a chair with a smile at him. "You ok? I don't wanna interupt anything."

"No its fine! I was getting upset with it any ways so I need to take a break before I throw something out a window."

Jenny giggled softly and Leland smiled at the sound. "So how have you been? It's been quite here with you around these last few days. Althought you have been good with calling in."

"I've been beating the streets looking for a job. No one will hire an ex druggy." Leland nodded at her.

"I'd tell you thats what happens but I have a feeling DL all ready told you that."

"He did...well tried too I cut him off and finshed the sententce for him."

Leland chuckled slightly. "How did that go?"

"Pretty well believe it or not. He hip checked me as he went to talk to your dad."

"Any idea what he went to talk to him about?" he asked.

Jenny shook her head no. "Not a clue."

Leland shruged and leaned closer whipsering "I think he has a date tomorrow and wants to get off work early. Just a hunch though."

Jenny giggled. "If so I wonder who. "

Leland laughed. "I don't know. I do know who I'd like to take out though."

"May I ask who?" Jenny asked softly.

Leland looked at her. "You. That is if you don't mind..." his voice trailed off.

Jenny let her eyes grow wide. "Oh Leland. I'd love to go out with you!" she smiled the biggest smile she could muster. She felt her stomic doing back flips and could have sworn Leland was with in her grasp.

Leland smiled at her. "awesome! How about tomorrow? I'll pick you up at oh....6:30?"

Jenny nodded. "Sounds great!"

Leland stood and walked around the desk to her and held out a hand to help her stand. She accepted his hand and ket him get the door.

Once outside his office they chattered about random things. Dog and Duane Lee rounded the corner heading for them.

"Hey there sista!" Dog bellowed making Leland and Jenny both jump. He chuckled softly.

"Hey dog" Jenny said when he got closer. "how are you?"

"Doing good. How are you?" he asked as he hugged her

"Im doing ok. I've been job hunting."

"So I heard. Ya know. We need a front desk girl. Ya willing?"

Jennys face broke into a big grin. "Am I willing?! Heck yeah!!"

Dog, Leland, and DL all cheered. When Beth came to see what happened she couldn't help but notice how close to Jenny Leland was standing. When she was told that Jenny was going to be working the front desk she forced a smile on her face.

"Awesome! It'll be nice to have another girl around!" she said with faked happyness. Dog walked over and hugged his wife. She hugged back and kissed him gently on the lips.

"Lisa should be back soon. You haven't met her yet." Leland told Jenny.

"I can't wait to do so. Oh when do I start work?"

Dog smiled. "As soon as possable!"

A/N: hey! Sorry for such a long wait! I've all ready started chapter three! Hope you guys liked this!