ten - update time

Such continue very slow

"Thereee~ All done" you threw yourself on your bed and looked at the clock and noticed it was already quarter to 10. You forgot something!

"Oh yeah, I should call Karma back.."
Wait am I really going to call him back? It's already this late though.. I can't believe I forgot to call!!

You reached for your cellphone somewhere in your bed and called Karma back. Seems like he's already asleep, ah, who knew he was an early sleeper? Ah! He picked it up!

"Ah, hello! Is this Karma?" you asked in a moderate voice. "Hmm? Yeah, this is Karma." you sighed in relief that Karma picked it up but then felt bad for calling him so late. "Hey Karma, are you busy? Were you sleeping? Sorry I called just now." "Mhmm? I'm not really busy, and no, I wasn't sleeping" you heard him yawn faintly, "What took you so long?"

You scratched your head and replied, "Ah, I'm sorry, it's that I forgot to call you back right away because I worked on the assignments Koro-sensei gave us." "Heh, is that so? Well then it's alright, I thought you were abducted by some shady figures or something." he seemed relieved somehow.

"Haha, you didn't have to worry that much. I can handle them too you know!" you reassure him. He chuckles lightly and then paused for a moment and asked, "Ne, (f/n)-chan, I know this is sudden but I want to know how you feel about me."

You abandoned your phone, stood up, turned off your table lamp, went back to bed, grabbed your blanket and immediately wrapped yourself into it, grabbed a pillow and tightly hugged it and finally reached back to your cellphone. You curled into a fetal position.

You checked if he was still on the line and wow, he still was. "Are you seriously asking me this?" your voice was wavering and so were your hands. Karma sighed heavily, "Yes. Yes I am (f/n)-chan." "Eh.. It's.. complicated.." "Pfft, what? It's complicated? How? Just tell me if you like me or not. That's all there is to it~"

If I could only be honest with myself, I would've said what I wanted right?! You grit your teeth and firmly close your eyes.

You gulp and ask, "What will you do if I said that I don't like you? Will you pretend that you don't know me?" "Hmm.. Well, then as I've said before, I'll do my best to make you like me back." he says in a dead serious tone. You countered, "But.. Karma.. We're still young you know.. I'm not sure about these stuff." you replied hesitantly.

"I know what you're telling me, that you're not sure about this. Well how about this, what do you feel about me, right now? Speak your mind, I won't mind." he says this like he was prepared to interview you. "Well, I feel really uneasy and nervous." "Oho, are you afraid of me, is that it?"

Am I afraid of Karma? Is it because he's mischievous or is it because he's a violent child? Or maybe he's just mysterious? Maybe because it's the first time a classmate of yours blatantly confessed that he likes you? Oh wait, he just likes me, it doesn't mean he loves me. But still..!

"Not really" you countered the thought, "To be honest, it's my first time experiencing a confession from a guy." on the other line, Karma seems amused from your answer, "Oh really? That's a surprise~ Thought you'd have a lot of guys that'd confessed to you already."

You clenched your phone tightly and lowered your eyebrows, "Haha, sorry I don't. And I wouldn't even know if they like me or not since I mind my own business most of the time. But Karma, enough about me. I want to ask.." you paused and lowered your voice.

"Yeah? What is it you wanted to ask?" "You like me don't you?" "Yeah, so?" he's expecting something else from your question.

"That's just like-like right? Not that like?" "Wait, what? I don't understand... Oh okay, I get it now, you're asking me if I only like you as a friend right? Nah, it's something more than that. Is that all you want to ask me? I bet you're going to sleep already."