Chapter Thirty: Wolves.

Start from the beginning

Her hands reach for my head, pulling it away from where it was buried and I grunt. She keeps me steady between her hands, my forehead slightly touching hers and my eyes trapped inside her own.

"Not that." She breathes out, clearly flustered by my previous attentions but keeping it together enough to pull away from my reach.

I watch her in confusion as she stands up from the couch and rush over to the wall sized shelf above the giant television in front of us. I frown as she slides her fingers through the endless collection of DVD's displayed all over it, and her tongue makes a clicking sound when she finds what she was searching for.

"No movie collection can be called as such if this little baby is not in it." She beams like she's giving a lecture while waving the box in the air.

"You're joking, right?" I complain whilst she opens it and removes the disk from inside.

"Love Actually is cute and all..." She says condescendingly when she falls back next to me in the couch. This couple having breakfast at a diner shows up at the screen and she cuddles under my arm. "But this is going to blow your mind."

*****

"Wake up..." I refuse to open my eyes but I smile. The tip of her nose pressing against my cheek as she draws a path along my jawline with her lips. "Harry, come on."

I'm awake but I like the attention she's giving me, so I keep my eyes closed as she moves along to other techniques.

Another smile creeps on my face, this time with a chuckle, as her hand slowly slides under my shirt and runs along my chest. The warmth of the skin of her palm flows to mine when she stays right where my heart is; and I finally flutter my eyes open.

I never had a specific type of girl in my mind whenever I would entertain the possibility of being in love; other than a good sense of humor and a nice smile, anything else didn't really matter. But as I look at her, I realize that she is everything I have ever wanted even if I never knew I did.

"I can't believe I wasted that much time." I say with a sleepy voice and I shift to my side to see her better.

My eyes feel heavy and I blink a few times to wake up completely. Her eyes lock with mine and I stay there.

"We stayed up pretty late..." She says while taking a quick peek at the clock on the nightstand. "But is not even noon yet... We're okay."

"I didn't mean it like that." I tell her, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I meant with us... If I would have noticed you back then, really notice you."

It has been circling around my head for days on end; the thought of how different things could have been if I would have given that shy, weird girl with the red hair who kept shielding herself behind her mother a second look. If I could have just taken a bloody second of my stupid and ever wasting time to stop and actually see her.

When I met her for the first time, I liked her right on the spot. So I guess I would have felt the same all those years ago if I would have paid just a little bit more attention to the details. Her details.

The way she talks not only with her voice but also with her hands; the way her eyes shine bright when she's looking at something she likes or she's interested in. How her lips purse into a thin line when she thinks, and how her thoughts are always written in her face because she is so transparent. And yet, amazingly unpredictable.

"I don't see it that way." She says after a few seconds. Her hand still pressed against my chest as my heart beats fast under it. And she frowns. "Things always happen the way they suppose to, Harry."