What happened?

"I'm back!" Jaime proclaimed as he entered El Paso, only to be greeted by silence.

"Hello? Milagro? Bart?" Jaime closed the front door and looked around. He walked up the stairs to find Milagro knocking on the bathroom door and whining.

"Bart please!"

"No way! This is so moded!" Bart voice replied. Jaime flinched at Bart's voice. He sounded like he was being strangled.

"Milagro?" Jaime asked, walking up to the door.

"Oh Jaime!" Milagro cried and pulled him into a hug. "Bart'll be okay." Milagro gently patted her brother.

Jaime's eyes widened and he pushed Milagro back so he could knock on the door.

"Bart?" Jaime called.

"J-Jaime?" Bart sniffed back.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah."

"You sure?"

"I'm fine."

Jaime sighed. 'Fine' is not a good word. Jaime sighed once more before continuing.

"Then you can come out."

"... Idiot." Jaime could sense the small flash of a smile that came from the speedster. Jaime patted Milagro's head before pointing to her bedroom door. Milagro understood and went to her room.

"Bart. Open the door." Jaime said sternly.

"Just... Just don't freak."

He heard Bart sigh and the door creaked open. Jaime gasped; Bart had a black eye and a bloody lip.

"What happened?!" Jaime cupped Bart's face.

"Nothing." Bart looked away.

Jaime tilted his head back. "Bart. This is not nothing!"

"It was a fight at school." Bart explained.

"About what?" Jaime questioned.

"They insulted you, so I insulted them back. They didnt like it. I did like them. What's there to say?" Bart deadpanned.

"Who was it with, Bart?" Jaime asked softly.

"No. I'm not snitching." Bart said and Jaime knew there was no changing his mind.

"Bart!" Milagro cried and jumped at his leg.

"Hey Milagro." Bart ruffled her hair before being dragged away to her room.

"Hey!" Jaime called out. "Milagro!"

All he got in response was an evil cackled from both his sister and boyfriend.

Jaime growled before storming to his own room, trying to calm himself down, not wanting to go on a killing rampage.

He sighed. He was fine, Milagro was fine, but most importantly, Bart was fine. And that's all that mattered.