1 Meeka (August 1996)

SistaGirlz Book #4

MEEKA

"I don't know why in the hell you think I want YOU!" I teased as I attempted to walk away from the tall redbone brutha trynna get my number.

Grabbing my hand, he said, "Girl, you know you want me. Quit playin', TaMeeka. Be my girl!"

Darius Price was one of the bad boys of the neighborhood. Running around with the likes of Aaron Jones, Devin Lawson and Kris Young, I knew he was always up to no good! When you saw one of them by himself, thick as thieves since grade school, it wouldn't be long before the whole crew would gather together.

"Why should I be your girl? Aren't you dating Angie DeVille?" I asked, needing to confirm the rumors that I had been hearing. To be honest, to say that Darius and Angie were dating was putting it nicely. From what I heard, that ho Angie lets Darius and his boys hit that pussy anytime they want to!

"Hell nah I ain't dating her! I want YOU!" he said, squeezing my hands for emphasis.

I know the only reason why Darius was talking to me now was because of the delivery of my over-the-summer beauty package: tits and ass! Just one short year ago, I was flat as a pancake, front and back! Boys barely looked my way but they were all over the girls that had sprouted boobs. After spending the summer down south with my aunt and cousins, I returned to St. Louis to start my junior year of high school with junk in my trunk and curves for days!

"I'm nobody's secret, Darius. And I don't want a man with secrets so if there's NOTHING between you and anyone else, I'll consider being your girl," I stated with my hands on my hips.

Sliding his hands around my waist as we stood on that street corner, with a soft kiss to my lips, Darius said, "I only want YOU, TaMeeka."

Just as I began my Junior year of high school, I finally let Darius Price have me. He had been chasing me long before my womanly curves came into play but once he saw the other boys were showing an interest, I guess he figured it was time for him to stake his claim.

The problem was that, although I wanted Darius, too, he already had a girl. In fact, she was EVERYONE'S "girl". With all the boys flocking around Angela DeVille, ain't no way in hell she ain't fucking half if not ALL the boys in the hood!

"So what's up with you and Angie?" I asked directly.

"She's just a friend, TaMeeka. She braids my hair from time to time while we talk. Nothing more," Darius explained.

Reaching for Darius' freshly braided cornrows, I said, "I'll do my man's hair. Not gonna have you sitting between her legs for that!"

Squeezing my waist, Darius asked, "Your man, huh?"

Looking directly into Darius' eyes, I said, "As long as you stay the fuck away from other women, I'm all yours."

Just because I wanted Darius to be faithful to me didn't automatically make him stop fucking Angie and nothing in my gut said he ever stopped messing around with her. I don't wait for hindsight. My instincts have never been wrong and my gut told me there was something up with Darius and Angie.

For me to decide to give my viginity to a man means that I love him and I trust him to always protect me because he loves me. That means he won't fuck around behind my back with skank ass hoes, bringing back or leaving behind any living evidence of his infidelity by way of an STI or a baby! I'm only 16!! Who's got time for that drama?!

As we walked home, Darius' friend and my classmate, Devin Lawson headed in our direction. Strolling at our pace, Devin walked on the streetside, sandwiching me between the boys.

Yeah, Mama is NOT gonna like how this looks!

"Y'all must be just friends because you don't let a lady walk next to the street," Devin warned. "My Daddy taught me that it means that she's available to a gentleman caller!"

Unaware if Devin knew of Darius' father's passing away when he was five, I remained silent except to say, "Thank you, Devin."

"'Gentleman caller'?! What century are you from, Dude?!" Darius laughed, halting our walk. "What the fuck are you talking about?!"

"Basically, TaMeeka is free to date anyone she wants and it's clear that she's not dating you or else YOU would be in MY place!" Devin retorted forcefully.

Switching places with Devin by placing himself to my right with his arm secured tightly around my waist, Darius demanded, "Is this better?"

"I didn't know it was so easy to make you obey!" Devin chuckled. "I'm just saying you better treat her like a lady!" Devin advised. "If you don't, someone else will!!"

"Fuck you, Man!" Darius snapped, flipping Devin his middle finger as he tugged me down the street. Looking back, I caught Devin blowing me a kiss!

Boys!!