Chapter 17

I watched as the large black and white tom leapt at Kyla. Kyla easily sidestepped, dodging his attack. He whipped around quickly and smashed one of his large paws into her face, dazing her. In the few moments that she stood there, stunned, he had her on her back, ready to deal the death blow.

"Don't touch her!" I snarled, leaping forward and shoving Blue off of Kyla. Kyla quickly recovered and was on her paws in an instant, hissing at Blue.

There was a flash of gray as Storm darted in, raking her claws down my side.

"You want a rematch? I'll kill you!" I growled, glaring at the gray she cat. She met my glare "Kyla, can you handle Blue?" I asked, not taking my gaze from Storm.

"I'll be fine." She growled.

I leapt at Storm, who darted to the side and raked her claws down my side once more. She lunged and me, and I wasn't able to dodge fast enough, and she was on me, pushing my face in the dirt. I felt sharp teeth prick the back of my neck.

"Blue isn't here to stop me now. I'll kill you, right here, right now." She growled, her grip getting tighter. I went limp, and gave in. There was nothing I could do. Then I heard Kyla screech.

"Even better! I'll have you watch this she cat die! You seem close!" She laughed, turning my head roughly to one side, so I was able to see that Blue had Kyla pinned down once more.

I thrashed and struggled, trying to get out of her grip. "Let me go, you worthless piece of dung! I'll kill you!"

Blue's paw came down, and I closed my eyes as I heard a screech, but soon opened them as I realized that it wasn't Kyla's.

"Get your filthy paws off of her!" I heard a deep voice growl, and heard Kyla gasp. "Duo?"

Storm was off of me soon after, Kitty boxing her ears.

Sam, Lily, and Dixie leapt beside Blue, ready to fight, only to back down as more cats appeared out of the shadows, Scourge in front. His icy blue eyes were dark with rage.

"You dare touch her, my mate?" He snarled, glaring at Blue.

Blue glared back but said nothing, just turned and fled with the other traitors on his heels, Storm quickly limping after him.

Scourge turned to me, his blue eyes now concerned and warm. "Are you alright? They didn't hurt you too badly, did they?"

I tried to reply, but nothing came out. I let out a grunt, and crumpled to the ground, panting. My eyes shifted over to where a black and brown tom was hunched over Kyla, speaking in a low voice.

"Ivy?" Scourge gasped as I fell. I still said nothing.

I looked around to see who was all here. I could see the cat known as Duo, Scourge, Kitty, Kyla, Brick, Bone, and another tom who I didn't recognize.

"Someone get Snow. Kyla and Ivy are injured." Scourge mewed.

"I'm fine." I grunted, getting to my paws. "Nothing more that a couple of scratches."

"Have you seen yourself? It's more than just some scratches. Now sit down and wait." He meowed sternly.

"I have to see Kyla, she saved me!" I protested.

"She wouldn't be able to talk to you anyway." He mewed. "Now sit down."

"What do you mean by that? If she is hurt I need to see her!" I growled, glaring at the black tom.

"I don't care about Kyla! I care about you! Now sit down before you get hurt." He hissed.

I went silent and sat down as I thought about what he just said.

'I care about you.'

Me, someone who has only caused him trouble, over one the cats who listened to every word he said, and would fight to the death for him.

Could it have meant something more than the outside meaning?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yay another chapter! And in less than a week too! I'm maybe thinking of opening up an Ask chapter for this book, and you could ask any of the characters (dead or not *cough* like ash *cough cough*) or maybe a question every chapter, randomly, like this updates to just test it out will be
Who is your favorite character in warriors?

Should I do a question every update, with an ask chapter?
Also, another question. Should I keep it all in this book, and just keep the story to one book, or make it a series?

Read
Comment
Vote
MURP

-Firespirit