"I'll give it a whirl. Let's see," she paused to select her words. "Amy went to band camp and came back pregnant, mom and dad got divorced 'cuz he cheated on her, Amy had the baby and dad and I moved next door for a bit, then mom had Robbie a few months later and we moved back in so he and mom could raise Robbie together and try to get back together, then Amy went to New York for a music program and came back all mature, we started really putting our family back together, Amy started dating and fell in love with her baby daddy, mom and dad have been dating to get to know each other again, and then you dropped by for a visit."

"And Ashley's sorta got a boyfriend," Amy added with a smirk in Ashley's direction. Ashley responded by sticking her tongue out at Amy. Penny was dumbstruck for several moments and everyone let her just take it all in and process it. When she had her mind wrapped around most of it she looked at Amy.

"So I'm a great grandmother?" Amy nodded and blushed a little. "Oh honey, don't be embarrassed about it. Where is the little guy? Taking a nap?" Amy shook her head.

"No. He stays with his dad on the weekends."

"And his dad's also your boyfriend right?" Amy nodded. "Just making sure I'm following along." She suddenly smiled. "Can I see a picture of him?" she asked eagerly. Amy got up and walked over to the fireplace to retrieve a framed photograph of her, Ricky and John that had been taken Labor Day weekend when he and his parents were over for a barbeque. She handed it to her grandmother and then sat back down on the carpet. "Awwwww," Penny cooed. "He's beautiful, Amy." She gave Amy a mischievous grin. "And I take it the other cutie in the picture is his daddy?" Amy smiled brightly and nodded. Penny set the picture on the coffee table and looked around at her family. "Guess I'm gonna be around for a while since I've got so much to catch up on," she informed everyone.

"Sweet!" Ashley cheered.

At the Bowman household, Grace and Tom were just finishing cleaning up from their late lunch when there was a knock at the kitchen door. Kathleen answered it and froze from shock.

"Mom!?" she asked incredulously. The woman before her simply stared.

"Well are you going to invite me in?" she asked. Kathleen nodded mutely and stepped back so her mother could enter. Grace and Tom looked at her with confusion. Having never met the woman they weren't really sure how to react to her sudden presence in their home. The woman looked back at them with a small smile. "Hello, Grace. Tom," she said politely, taking a seat at the kitchen table. Kathleen took the seat nearest to her mother, a bewildered look still on her face.

"Mom, what are you doing here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Her mother sighed.

"It's a long story, honey, but basically I only came to say my goodbyes." Kathleen gasped.

"Goodbyes!? What's wrong!? Where's dad!?" she asked, getting up to look out the window and see if her father was on his way up the driveway as well.

"Have a seat, Kathleen. He's not here." Kathleen sat back down, a troubled look in her eyes.

"Mom, what's going on?" she asked desperately, worry making her voice waver ever so slightly. Her mother looked her straight in the eyes.

"The doctor says my heart's bad," she finally said. "He wasn't sure how much longer the ol' ticker would hold out so I came to see you one last time," she admitted, finally showing just how tired and worn out she truly felt. Kathleen reached over and took hold of her mother's hands, tears in her eyes.

"Oh, mom." Grace and Tom began to become misty eyed as well and looked at each other. After a moment of silent sibling conversation, they joined their mother and grandmother at the kitchen table. Kathleen's mother sighed.