It's Us Agaist the World Baby

It was a perfect night. The perfect night, for a drive. It was chilly out but not cold, sweater weather to be exact. The sky was clear and you could see the stars so well the night sky almost seemed fake. The whole night felt like a dream to be honest.

We drove down highway C at midnight just listening to music. None of us talked because none of us needed to. We were just in each other’s presence and that was enough. The windows were down and the wind whipping around in the car made it freezing but we couldn't roll them up. They had to stay down, they just had to.

We drove through the seas of corn fields and past the cloud making machine. The lights of distant cities giving the horizon a golden hallo.

There is nothing like that night and there never will be anything like that night. The night we pulled over and screamed at the top of our lungs until they were empty and our throats were soar. The night I sat outside the car as we played her favorite song and we all knew the words. The night I cried tears of joy for the first time. The night we laid out on my roof so we could watch the sun rise even though we knew we were on the wrong side of the house. So instead we talked, we talked about everything and it we beautiful. Everything about that night was beautiful.

When I was asked where is the best place I've been I said that night. That night I spent surrounded by people that love me more then I even know. That night that I cried and laughed and felt like I was a part of something. I have never felt more like my true self then when I am around you, all of you.

Together we are a family. All of you are my family. I don't know what I would do without you. All of you.

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you