Chapter 5.

Percy:

I suppose I could've saved us all the trauma...but for me, it was actually pretty fun.

I'm talking about, of course, my half-sister's torching of New England.

My grandpa/brother/cousin—Apollo—was pretty excited to see me.  He asked me to drive the Chariot...honestly, I have before on multiple occasions, so I felt that I'd let someone else have a turn.

That someone else turned out to be my dear sister, who apparently has a fear of heights.  Who knew? 

...don't answer that.

There was a lot of screaming.  A bunch of cursing.  I had my earphones in, listening to Genesis, so I wasn't really paying attention to their suffering.  To be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I think Nico, on some level, enjoyed it as well.  When he stopped upchucking, of course.  That took a while, but once that was over, he thought it was totally awesome, and wanted to go again.  What a cute kid. But then again, he is my little brother, so, his cuteness was kind of inevitable.

When the Chariot smashed into the water, I was probably the only one who thought it was awesome and wanted to go again. Water is kind of my element, so...

Of course, the sky and...well, dead people, are my elements, too. But water is awesome, so there. I cannot be blamed for taking after one of my fathers.

The way I phrased that, it sounds like I have two male parents. That would be fine, if they weren't brothers. Now I'm a little disgusted at myself. Family relations are weird enough for normal demigods. My family relations are even weirder. I mentioned that Apollo is my brother, my cousin, and my grandfather, right? I myself am my own cousin, technically. It doesn't get weirder than that.

Well, weird is pretty much in my DNA, so I suppose I should be used to that.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" Apollo glared at me, pouting at his car, which was currently smoking in a way that even Sun Chariot cars aren't supposed to smoke.

"I haven't the slightest idea of what you might be referring to, dear relation of mine."  I was grinning, perfectly dry.  Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but everyone else was sipping wet and miserable.  Some where still getting over their nausea and/or post-vomit state. 

"You knew!"  Apollo seethed.  "You knew, Twerp, and you still let her drive!  Even with her ironic and more-than-slightly concerning fear of heights!"

"Whoa, whoa, there, hold up."  I raised my hands in a surrender as several hunters turned their bows on me with identical furious expressions.  "She is a proud and independent woman.  No one lets her do anything."

"Never... never again," Thalia gasped.  "I'm never doing that again.  I'll just stay on the ground for now.  Probably forever.  Besides, staying on the ground is perfect for striking people with lightning.  It's perfect for me."

With the hunters placated by my impromptu, yet no less accurate, feminist speech (even though it was really only two sentences) and Thalia determined to not torch New England again, or any other New... well, anything... we were all set for a somewhat peaceful entry into the demigod stronghold.  Basically, the most awesome place ever. 

And the hunters were here, so that would mean only one thing: capture-the-flag.