Torture

Percy POV

Pain haunted my memory like a bad dream. How could they do this to me, the ones I called family? My most beloved Annabeth, how could you? You left me broken, hurt. If you ever really loved me, why would you break me in this way? Why would you leave me?

For those who don't know, let me tell you how this came to be.

~flashback~

We won the war. Gaea and the Titans where gone and everyone was safe, finally. Well, almost everyone. We were taken with grief for our fallen friend Leo, son of Hephaestus. The Gods teleported us to Olympus to reward us for our hard work. We were offered immortality, a chance to be a god, right along with our parents. The girls accepted reluctantly, accepting only to make sure they would be strong enough to protect the Earth from future threats. The boys denied the offer, instead asking that the camp, Camp Half-Blood, be immortal within it's borders. Our wishes granted, we were sent back to the Camp, thinking it was time to rest; time to relax and mourn our fallen companions, but the Gods has other plans for me. That night, I was teleported to Olympus alone.

"Perseus Jackson," Boomed Zeus, "you are put on trial for treason." I just stared at him, confusion written into my facial expressions.

"What?" I asked plainly, not understanding why I was there.

"We have evidence that you worked with Gaea and against us." Spoke Athena, her gaze hard.

"What evidence would that be?" I said respectfully, anger starting to set into my stance.

"Me." Stated a voice from behind Athena's throne. A voice that was all to familiar. A voice belonging to my beloved Annabeth.

"Why Annabeth? Why would you condemn me to the wrath of the gods on false accusations? Did you ever truly love me the way I love you?" I asked, my heart shattering into a million little pieces.

"For your crimes committed against Olympus, you shall be punished. All in favor of eternal torture, here in the humble abode of the Gods?" The room filled with various versions of 'I' and I was dragged by Hermes into one of the many rooms of Olympus. The room was lined with various kinds of knives and whips, one full wall dedicated to many types of shackles. My body tensed up upon seeing the various types of weapons, but I completely froze at who was waiting for me; the one and only Ares. He sat grinning, waiting with two Imperial gold whips in his large hands. Hermes ripped my shirt away from my body, leaving my naked chest vulnerable, and chained me to the wall.  After he left, all I felt was pain. The whip came time and time again, seeming to never stop. The gold dug into my back, but I refused to let out a single pained noise. I was not to give them that satisfaction. With the pain clouding my mind, I could only make out that not all gods were present during my whipping. The only gods present were Zeus, Ares, Hermes, Athena, Apollo, Demeter, Hera, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus. My mind came to immediate focus at a new type of pain in my shoulder. I looked down and saw the point of a knife protruding from the front of my shoulder. With that, darkness started to appear on the edges of my sight.

"That should be enough for tonight" said Ares and left without taking the knife out of my sholder. I fell into a fitful sleep on the cold stone floor. I was torn from my sleep the next morning by cold water. My restless sleep did little to help my failing strength. Ares was back, with a new, glimmering knife in hand.  He walked up behind me and held my head up by my hair. He chained me to the wall standing up and started his work. He made his first cut along my face, starting just below my eye and ending just above my belly button. Still I did not scream. Annoyed with my stubbornness to keep quiet, he unchained me and threw me onto my stomach, starting to carve words into my back. The words read:

"Sorrow Shall Take It's Toll On Those Who Cheat Death"

That continued on for many weeks, until one night I was awoken by a gentle shake of my abused body. Someone was above me, telling me to get up. He seemed so familiar, but I couldn't remember him. Whoever he was, he ever so gently picked me up and teleported out of the cold, bloodly room. I gave up on trying to fight pain, it was just too much and I blacked out. When I woke, my mind was a little clearer. I opened my eyes and saw: Poseidon, Artemis, Hestia, Dionysus, and Hades. I tried to move away, fearing that more pain would come, but as soon as I tried, pain came anyway, in powerful rolling tides.

"Where am I?" I asked weakly.

"Somewhere safe." Poseidon assured me.

"What did they do to you?" Asked Hestia, who was running her hand through my hair. I jerked away from her touch, not caring about the pain that came with it. My body had been through enough torture from the Gods; I didn't want any more.

"Get away!!" I yelled, or at least tried to. All that came was a weak whisper. Hestia reaches out to hold my hand, but I moved it away.

"Perseus, we will not hurt you, son. You are safe, away from those monsters." Poseidon whispered gently, trying to calm me down. After about fifteen minutes of soothing words and gently rocking me back and forth, I started to trust that I was safe.

"I want to see" I stated simply. They frowned but summoned a mirror all the same. I was surprised, for I didn't look like me at all. I had a scar that ran the length of face down to just above my belly button and a huge, gaping hole in my shoulder, not yet fully healed. Many small scars riddled my limbs. I knew ragged scars from the whip ran the length of my back, except that one spot, right between my shoulder blades. Those haunting words carved clearly in the center of my back.

Hestia healed the stab wounds and cuts, but could not prevent them from scarring my skin. Ares has used some enchantment to ensure that they would always be visible. After they did all they could, they sent me back to camp and took turns watching over me in the infirmary, protecting me from the campers and angry Gods. Frank and Jason, two of my best friends, finally convinced Poseidon that they weren't there to kill or hurt me in anyway. They walked in, and just sat with me in silence. It was somewhat peaceful for a time, but then everything that was left fell apart.

~end flashback~

Now you know, and I will have my revenge. In time, they will see what they have lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N

How was that. Like it. I tried my best.
Hope y'all enjoy.