Chapter 38 Lilly's invite

Start from the beginning

" Thank you, dear." I helped her put the deserts.

" Can I ask where the maids are? I mean your doing everything alone?" She smiled are me.

" James hardly comes home. When he does come I make food for him with my own hands. I don't want any maids cooking them. But the cause of you he is coming more often." I smiled at her. I put the plate down.

" I am happy that you are the girl that James is dating. He looks happy and he glows on his face. All-cause of you. Thank you, dear."

" Please don't thank me. I didn't do anything."

" I can see this you changed him. He is happy and he has a glow in him which I didn't saw in years." She holds out my arm.

"Can I ask you something? Can you be truthful?"

" yes sure." I got a bit scared of what she was going to ask me.

"Do you love him?" That question made my heart skip a beat.

" I  do," I replied smiling. "But I am not sure he feels the same or not," I said in a sad tone.

" I know my son dearly, and the way he looks at you. The way he gets angry if someone comes near you and the way becomes when he is near you, are all the actions of a man in love."

I smiled. " but he didn't say anything to me. I mean he didn't even say he loves me yet." I don't want to get my hopes high.

"Believe me. He does love you. The men in my house are practically slow in that matter. Take my husband, for example, he told me he loves after 3 years when I was going to be engaged with someone stranger." She laughed.

" Give him some time dear."

" Yeah. Okay, thanks for telling me that my heart feels light now."

"you're always welcome dear. Please come again soon. I love to talk with you more."

"Sure" I hugged her.

"Do you want to see something special?" She whispered in my ear.

" yes," I said happily. She took me to their bedroom, which was huge. She took out an old album from the closet and handed it to me.

" these are James baby pictures." Whoa. I hit the jackpot. I was eager to see them. I tuned the album pager one after another. He is cute.

" This is the picture of him playing superman during Halloween. We couldn't get him out of the costume for 3 days." She told me. I giggled.

" This is the picture when he tried to make a cake for us. Sadly my lovely kitchen was devastated that day." She told me. I laughed looking at the photos. He was wearing an oversized chef's hat with four all over his face.

She pointed at another picture," look at this picture. This one is my favourite. It was a snowy day and James was 2 years old and the twins you see in this picture are James sister's Lia and Sia. James was crying as Lia broke the snowman he made and Sia was comforting him." The pictures seemed so good. A happy family.

I looked at the picture again. James was crying pointing at the snowman and Sia was comforting him. Lia was laughing. Both Mr and Mrs Henderson was helping to make the snowman again. It's a lovely memory.

" you know about Sia don't you?" She asked me.

" Yeah. I do. James told me." I hold her hand.

" I am glad that he told you about this. He never told anyone before. You are special to him." We again started looking at the pictures.

" Can I have this one?" I took one picture in my hand.

" Oh, this one. Sure, dear. Good choice. I remember we were searching the whole house for him and the mister was sleeping on the sink."  she smiled.

He is so cute

He is so cute. Adorable. Lilly and I were laughing and talking about James childhood. When James came in. He saw us holding the album. He took it from my hand.

" Mom please stop embarrassing me in front of Mia. Why did you show her these." He said getting all red. Aww, he got embarrassed. So cute.

"Why? I like them." I said taking the album.

" I don't." He took the album from my hand and gave it to Lilly. He took my hand and went to the garden.

" it's lovely out here," I said holding his hands. He looked distant." James something on your mind?"

" yeah." He looked at me and hold my hand.

" Mia move in with me."

_______________________________________

Hi guys

Do you like this chapter?

Mia and James taking the first step in their relationship. What do you think Mia will answer to James proposal of moving in?

Stay tuned for more...

Vote, comment and follow me 😘😙
Love, rosavet :*