Steve x Reader (1)

(Please read the introduction, which is in the first part of the book, as that leads up to this point.)

You woke to the sound of heavy miner boots on your makeshift porch. Fully awake now, you grabbed a nearby pickaxe and walked downstairs slowly. Peeking through the curtains that covered the ground floor windows, you noticed a man, probably older than you by a few years. He had tan skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes that seemingly never faltered. His clothes were covered by thick iron armor and tightly clutched in his hand was a diamond sword.

Gaining some strength, you called out to him: "Who's there...?" He responded with a grunt and motioned for you to open the door. Hesitantly you obliged. "My name is Steve." He finally said as you faced him through the doorway. Waving your hand towards the inside of your home, you signaled him to come in. He gave you a soft smile and took a few steps through the door. After asking about a hundred questions, that Steve had patiently answered, you now felt comfortable around him.

This was three years ago.

You and Steve sat under the shade of your tree that you had planted during your first day. It had grown into a mighty oak that towered over the rest of the forest. His arm was around your waist and your head rested on his shoulder. You looked up into his blue eyes and laughed. He blinked at you and asked what was so funny. You replied gently, "It's just...after three years, I thought you'd be sick of me." It was Steve's turn to laugh. "I am sick of this."

You stared at him and slowly asked what "this" was. "This is me just being friends with you. I want to be more than friends." Steve said quietly. Shocked but happy, you smiled and whispered in his ear "Then stop being sick of it because we're done with that now..." You place a small kiss on his lips and pull away quickly. He gives a warm smile and pulls you towards his chest and gives you a gentle kiss on the forehead. "I love you (Name)..." he says into your hair. You smile to yourself and return the message. "I love you too Steve..."

The two of you spent the whole day under the tree.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Leave your requests in the comments! ^~^