Chapter 24: The Call

Written: 21/4/16+24/4/16

Date: 25/4/16

Words: 1,070

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vik's POV

I woke up to hushed whispers. Apparently something was happening.

After Preston got off the phone with Sky last night, he told us what she said. The girls said they had never heard of an Ava before, but Sky could make friends really easy so it wasn't that hard to believe. What was hard to believe is that she didn't tell us or her parents where she was going. Preston called Sky's parents to tell her where she was, and they weren't very happy with her. It was obvious that she annoyed a lot of people. 

"I don't know why Rob." Preston whispered.

I sat up, and looked around the room. Preston, Lachlan, and Rob were up, and whispering to each other trying not to wake everyone up.

"What are you guys talking about?" I whispered.

They turned towards me.

"Did we wake you?" Lachlan whisper asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, but I don't care. Here, why don't we go out to Lilith's living room, so we can actually talk?"

They nodded their heads, and we walked down to Lilith's living room, hopefully not waking anyone up. 

"So, what's happening?" I asked, not whispering anymore.

"Sky blocked me on her phone." Preston said, sounding both hurt and annoyed.

"What, why?" I asked.

"I don't know." Preston said annoyed.

"She blocked me too." Lachlan said.

"Me as well." Rob added.

"Did she block you?" Preston asked.

I didn't get to answer because everyone else came down into the living room.

"What's going on?" Lilith asked.

"Sky blocked us on her phone." Preston said.

"What? She wouldn't do that." Ash protested.

"Check your phone." Lachlan suggested.

Everyone looked at their phones and we found out that she blocked all of them, too.

"Why would she block all of us?" Lilly asked, confused.

"I don't know. Wait did she block you, Vikk?" Preston asked me.

I checked my phone. Wait, Sky didn't block me. Why?

"Well, did she?" Mitch asked.

Should I tell them? There must be a reason though. I decided to lie.

I sighed. "Yeah, she did. I don't know why though."

"What did I do?" Preston asked himself. 

Ash walked over to Preston and gave him a hug. 

"Preston, I'm sure you didn't do anything. We'll figure this out." She said.

~~~Le time skip to later~~~

I was finally alone because everyone else was doing something in the other room. I could try figuring out why Sky didn't block me now. So, I did the only reasonable thing. I called her.

"Hello, Vikram. Nice to hear from you."

I froze. I didn't think I would hear that voice again.

"Simon." I said.