chapter 9

Author's Note: Hello fellow fans. I hope you are liking this fan fiction. I am enjoying writing it and look foward to you becoming a fan, voting, or commenting. It really does encourage me to get on to write even though I should be studying my pharmacological drugs. But who can say no to fanfiction?!?! Enjoy!

Chapter 9

My last class of the day, P.E., finally rolled around and I was exhausted mentally from meeting so many new people and the overall school experience. My classes were mostly things I had already learned with my parents, but I could tell I was going to have a difficult time with physics. It was actually a little bit exciting that I was being challenged. I loved learning and all my years had been spent pouring over books. I also always felt like I was behind is so much knowledge compared to my ancient family.

 I was currently in the locker rooms chatting easily with the many girls I had met today. A few were stereotypical to the movies, either really popular and drop dead gorgeous or smart, shy and mostly antisocial. There were so many more girls that fell in between that and although I could tell that the popular girls were trying to get the flavor-of-the-week to join their ranks, I knew I wouldn’t like that kind of pressure.

Everyone was starting to head into the gym, but I held back wondering if I was going to be able to pull back on my strength. I hadn’t practiced having normal strength, and now I was feeling nervous.

I finally headed out into the gym and saw Cole waving me over to him. The gym teacher introduced himself as the volleyball coach and that our female teacher was the track coach but she was out on maternity leave and would be back in two weeks. He continued talking, but I was barely paying attention I was so nervous.

“Renee you look worried.”

“Oh, I just don’t want to bring unwanted attention to myself in this class if I mess up.”

“Ha, ha, ha. You can’t really be scared about P.E.! It’s not even competitive.”

“You’re right. Why aren’t you in a sports class?”

“Not all guys play a sport Renee.”

“Oh. Well I knew that.”

“Were you home schooled all your life?”

“Pretty much. It’s probably why today has been so exhausting.”

“You are not going to like the last activity of the day then.”

“What do you mean, Cole?” I raised my eyebrow at his smirk. Everyone was starting to stand up and head outside and I looked around confused.

“You didn’t listen to a thing he said, did you?” I shook my head. “We are going to the track to run. Want to see who can run the faster mile?”

“I think the proper question is if you can handle being beat by a girl.” I was familiar with guy’s competitiveness and their necessity to feel more powerful than a girl. I was slightly faster than every single one of my Uncles and even Jacob and it drove them all mad.  

“Well then Renee, want to place a bet on this? If I win, then you have to try out for every sports team.”

“Why would you bet me that? If I lose the race then obviously I am horrible at sports.”

“Obviously.”

“Cole, I am starting to think that you are worse than your sister! Fine. If you have to wear one of your sister’s dresses.”

“How do you even know she owns a dress?”

“She is wearing a white one today. What are you, chicken?”