Chapter 7

Ch 7

Previously:

Hopefully Jacob could get away from work to come wish me luck in the morning. Or I could just get a good luck kiss tonight before he left. I needed to make sure he knew that I wanted him to stick around until we could have some privacy, but my eyelids felt tired and heavy. I fought against them and opened my eyes.

 **

Bright sunshine poured through my bedroom windows. That meant my parents wouldn’t be able to walk me in as planned….wait, sunshine meant it was morning and I was starting high school. And it meant I fell asleep and never got a hold of Jacob to tell him how attractive it had been hearing his Alpha personality come out. Or was it the fact that he didn’t bow down to my every desire? Although in the end he had let me paint his nails.

My door opened and my dad walked in, “Oh good you are up.” In his arms was a breakfast tray with a small stack of toast, some eggs, and mostly raw bacon.

“Don’t be nervous.” He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. “You will be fine sweetheart. I just know that you are going to enjoy your time in school. I’m sorry if I added to your worry yesterday, I just worry about you. I guess I have gotten so used to things moving so slowly in life, I still haven’t been able to get used to you growing so quickly on me.”

“I love you dad.” I reached over to hug him. Since I was partially human his hugs didn’t actually compare to a snuggly teddy bear, but he still managed to make them feel warm and comforting.

“Well get ready for school then. Because of the weather we had to change plans a little.” He got up and kissed me on the forehead. “Hope you don’t mind.”

He left and I dressed just like I had planned the night before. I looked into the mirror at my dad’s high cheekbones and full lips, but with a slightly pink color to them. Other than that my skin was pale, except for when it was sunny out and I simply glowed especially with the bronze hair I inherited from my father that curled half way down my back. The plaid aqua blouse I choose did make me appear more pale than usual though. I let out an audible sigh. I just prayed that I didn’t draw too much attention to myself. Even though I held many of my father’s features, my mother’s brown eyes made me look strikingly similar and I was supposed to be a cousin of my dad’s. Hence the reason for the green contacts.

I walked into our living room to find Jacob lounging on the couches. “Jacob! You made it!”

“Of course. Who do you think is going to have to drive you to school today and check you in?” He smiled cheekily.

“Come on then, I don’t want to be late.” I hugged my mom and dad, my mom looking like if she could cry she would. “Love you. See you after school.”

I sat on the passenger side nervously wringing my hands. This was the moment of truth. I was going to experience many firsts today: first day of school, my first time to make a friend, my first time to try to act normal, and who knows what else I would come across.

“Nessy. Stop.” I was snapped out of my reverie by Jacob’s sharp tone.

“What?”

“You are tapping the door like crazy. It’s annoying. That and you have nothing to worry about.”

“Jacob Black! You don’t have to be so mean. I’m nervous!”

“Well you’re being silly.” I looked at him in disbelief. Jacob always went out of his way to make me happy, and never snapped at me. But a different fluttering in my stomach that wasn’t from school had me believe that I liked how he was responding. I wondered if this was an atypical teenage things to fall for the ‘bad boy’ who didn’t take anything.