❤• Chapter 13: Nightmares •❤

I felt a heave of air pumped through my lungs in and out, the air was ice cold, people in nurse's outfit surrounded me as I stared at them half lidded. I felt a shock of pain in both of wrists, feeling a tube suck out my blood, but when I rolled my eyeballs to scan the tubes, it was a reddish substance with transparent liquid flowing along with my blood, the unknown substance overthrowing the blood as red dissipated from the tube as if it separated from the liquid and into a bag that hung in a pole beside me.

My skin turned pale from the amount of blood that decreased in my veins as seen from my hands. I felt the cold nip my skin as nurses scattered frantically to keep everything in check. My heart beat, my blood pressure, my mental health? I heard one of them say that at some sort, I'm mentally unstable. In the middle, a doctor stared at a transparent substance in a test tube, spinning it in a circular motion and placed a drop under the plate of the microscope.

"Doctor, she's conscious!" One of the girls exclaimed. "She survived!"

Sighs of relief echoed through the room.

I couldn't move, the only movement I can justify works is twitching my toes, everything else seemed numb.

I felt my body go weak, my breathing became normal. Relaxing even, and next thing I knew I passed out.

~•~

I felt my chest tightening, before feeling my lungs loosen as I let in a large burst of air, still in the same hospital room as before. This time, the lights were switched off, the light from the moon made it slightly less dimmer. But more importantly......

I can't move.

I tried moving my arms and legs, but nothing happened. My eyes widened in panic and dread, the only I could move were my eyelids. I couldn't even move my mouth, when I attempted to, it will only tremble.

The walls started to shatter, or more like wither. The paint from the wall skinned of the concrete, the wall making small but many cracks around me. My chest once again tightened as the cracks began to ooze a dark substance, some of it dripping down my cheek, and it felt warm.

It's blood.

It continued dripping down as more cracks were made, blood dripping down from every corner of the hospital room.

My heart started to beat faster, hearing the door creak open, yellow light shone halfway of the room. I couldn't roll my eyeballs in that distance, so I relied on the figure of the shadow.

There was none.

My breathing hastened in panic, a twitching figure rising from the the far edge of the bed, with eccentric short hair, the same as a witch's, its bones cracking as it limped to stand up. I heard glass shattering from my left, rolling my eyes to it, a vase fell from it's table, blood splattering as it shattered on the bloody floor. My stomach was shuddering, my breathing in the same pattern as when I sobbed. I felt like crying.

I wanted to scream. Yet, it feels like I was mute. No voice even a slightest sound was emitted. I felt like my larynx is being completely shut down, unable to use my vocal cords.

When I rolled my eyes back, it was sitting on my lap as laid their helpless, smiling the same as a joker's. I scoffed at horror scenes like this one, thinking it was bit cliché when the character started screaming as it ate its entrails. But, I never knew it was this frightening up close. It felt like I was from the same perspective as the so-called-cliche girl that screamed dramatically. I wanted to do the same thing as she did. I felt like screaming on top of my lungs until I didn't have the ability to produce anymore sound from my voice box. In my case, I couldn't even utter a single squeak. All ability of to my move my muscles, aside from my lungs, heart and eyes, were numb. I was completely immobilized.

The old hag started to move its shriveled hands, with crooked joints up my torso, eyeing me with malice and mischief as her hands moved to my neck. With trembling lips, I swallowed my fear away to no avail. She moved her hands in my neck gently, smiling toothily revealing her crooked yellow teeth.

My eyes widened in realization. The familiarity of the face.

Min's aunt-

Her hands suddenly tightened around my neck as I hacked in surprise. Her eyes turned bloodshot, black veins surrounding her eyes as she grinned with an open mouth. I unconsciously opened my mouth as I felt my lungs squeezed shut. I didn't feel any pain around my neck. Just the inability to breathe.

Assuming this as a dream would be physically impossible. I felt everything that happened, I really felt her presence.

I tried my best not to cough, it will lessen the remaining air from my lungs.

Min's aunt in a depiction of a witch sinister grin faltered, then gave a last demonic smile, before lightning coming out from nowhere thundered through the room, in a blink her hair turned smooth and brown in a flat style like a boy's, her ripped robes turned to a simple shirt, her arms turning smooth and slightly brawny as it loosened from my neck as it feels so. I never felt like I was strangled and yet when it removed it's arms, I saw a glimpse of it's face with a heartwarming smile filled with regret, before I let out a large huff of air.

~•~

I swallowed as much air as I can and turned my position to the side, roughly coughing as drool dripped from my lips.

"Sinon!" His voice usually smooth and calming, cracked in anxiousness as his hand glided in my back as I savored the air entering my lungs. "Don't worry, that was all a dream."

"You had sleep paralysis, considering the amount of poison in your body from time to time enables you from breathing, and also, study shows that you're also mentally ill, though it's not severe for any necessary therapies." A low voice said, holding my head and placed it back on my pillow, wiping saliva from my face.

"Thank you." He bowed before proceeding to me. He gave me a tight embrace, sitting down on the bed next to me as I felt warmth travel to my cheeks. "I'm sorry I didn't get to you before she did." His voice muffled in my hospital clothes. "I........I thought you were going to die." His voice was like music to my ears. All the fear and turmoil felt in my stomach drifted away, replaced by fluttering butterflies tickling the walls of my stomach. I wanted to do all the actions I've been restrained to do so in my dreams. When I woke up, I felt like yelling to my heart's content, I wanted to cry until my whole face shrivels, I wanted to run. I want to feel safe. Now that I was in his arms, all that turmoil was blown away like a simple blow would do to a lighted candle. My used to be shaking body, now in the embrace of his strong, capable ones.

I raised an arm to his shoulder, sinking my face in the crook of his neck, his cologne deeply sinking in my nose. I felt him flinch incredulously, later tightening his grip around me. For now, I know I needed this.