❤• Chapter 9: Rain •❤

I sat in the open window pane of my dull room, feeling the cold, rainy wind make contact with my shoulder as I slightly shivered. I ignored the loud pattering of rain crashing down the streets and continued to stare at my scars. The scars I did to myself, deluding myself that something will surely happen when I felt the desire to harm myself. I'm a hypocrite still believing that I needed to share the same pain as her, I know what I'm doing is unnecessary, yet I still feel the urge to do so. I gain pleasure by hurting myself, letting out vociferous amount of emotions.

Then there's V.

Why can't he mind his own business? Claiming he likes me on the third day of school is pathetic, ludicrous for that matter. For all I know, he only likes me for my looks. Nevertheless, he's always there during my outburst of emotion, that I don't want anyone knowing, especially to the likes of him.

I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my chin on my knees, eyeing my discolored marks in deep contemplation. I was wearing shorts, giving me a good view of my grief and mourning, converted to marks.

I groaned in extreme boredom.

My eye caught a moving figure among the empty and hazed streets, causing me to perk my head up. It was just standing there, it's head occasionally moving up and back down glued to it's position. I didn't see clearly, raindrops that collided to the ground with great force, a thick barrier of mist covering the view. Who'd be crazy enough to stand idly at the rain? Only a masochist would.

The unknown figure ran it's hand through it's hair as it slightly flew up, a blur of brown becoming visible in the distance.

My eyebrow creased in realization as I stood up and propped a leg to the window, cupping a hand to my mouth as I shouted to the blurry silhouette.

"TAEHYUNG, YOU PABO! DON'T STAND IN THE RAIN!" I yelled, my voice cracking. He turned around to face me and stayed in that position for a period of time, watching me. Even if a cloud of mist was covering him, I could feel him smiling through it. I called his name again, this time, receiving a shrug as he turned the other way stubbornly with arms crossed as if urging me to come.

I slammed my bandaged fists on the wall next to the window, teeth gnashing in vexation leaving me no choice. I didn't even bother changing my attire, a tank top and shorts and ran downstairs, grabbing an umbrella on the way.

I slammed the door open, the freezing breeze of the rainy season as it wafted through the air. I shuddered as my teeth trembled, rubbing my arms for warmth, but anyways I withstood the icy wind, seeing a silhouette waiting on the other side. I opened the umbrella and sheltered myself under, stomping my way up to him.

"Annyeong, Sinon noona." Raindrops rolled down his droopy hair, his shirt and pants soggy, still I didn't see any evident signs of him freezing, if anything he looks like he's enjoying it.

"What are you doing out here in the rain!?" I reprimanded as the wind pulled the cupped part of my umbrella backwards, turning it inside out. V laughed at my expense as I tried to stand my ground, fighting against mother nature. "Don't laugh, PABO!"

"You'll get a cold! Shelter from the rain right now, V!" I scolded as I grabbed his wrist and ushered him to my garage. He stood his ground, not judging from his position. "V, what are you doing? Let's go or you'll get-"

"No." He said firmly, his tone irked me. He smiled through the rain, raising his head to see a prefect view of rain falling from the dark clouds. "I love the rain." He caught a droplets with his palm and looked at me. "Please stay here with me." He said it so solemn and warm, his eyes in contact with mine, my heart beat uncontrollably as I broke the eye contact with a click of my tongue.

"Fine. Just get under the umbrella an-"

"You have to catch me first." He said in a frolicsome manner and tapped my shoulder. "You're it!" He began running away from me while laughing.

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "You're so on!" I announced and started to chase him.

"Waaaaahhhhh!" He screamed mirthfully and picked up his pace.

The umbrella gradually decelerated my speed. He was meters away from me and I can barely see his figure as it slowly receded in the rain. My slippers would raise slowly because of the flood the rain is creating, my clothes were all soaked anyway. I dropped the umbrella and removed my shoes as my pace hastened. I raced through the blinding rain, my feet stinging from the rocks sinking into my skin, the cold ambience nip-ing skin and numbing them while I ran.

I sprinted tenaciously leaving only a few feet between us, and unhesitatingly tackled his back, causing us to fall in the ground with a loud thud. Once, we stopped rolling I pinned him on the soggy concrete and huffed victoriously.

"HA! CAUGHT YOU!"

V remained befuddled, staring at me with a blank expression which soon turned to laughter. I got off him and grimaced at the amount of mud that stained our clothes.

"Noona, why did you go after me?" He questioned with a smile on his face, running a hand through his hair. His question caught me off guard. I have no idea myself.

"T-to make us even." I blurted out. "You let me stay at your house and treated my wounds. I don't care about your well-being or anything!"

Both of us didn't speak for awhile, while the cold blew in my direction, removing the warmth in my cheeks.

V looked at me skeptically. "What about the time I carried you home, treated you expensive ice cream, and stopped you from killing yourself with a blade? Are you going to repay that too?" He innocently said.

"W-what are you babbling about? I don't have to pay you anything!" I retorted, sitting in a puddle of mud.

"Why did you want me to go back then?" He asked, his hair fell to his face and perfectly remained aesthetic to look at.

I snarled at him and found myself growling at him. "Just because...I felt the need to do so."

The corner of his lips twitched to a lopsided smile.

"You can requite your debts by just doing one thing." He says with a grin.

"What is it?"

"Go on a date with me."