Barely A Mother - Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Grace headed upstairs, “I’ll get the pyjamas!”

“I’ll sort out the living room!” Dawn said while entering the living room.

I stood there and decided what I should do, and then it came to me, “Oh, I’ll get the food!” I shouted to the girls and went into the kitchen.

I picked out popcorn, crisps, cookies, ice-cream and a bowl of fruit. What? I need to eat something healthy.

I exited the kitchen and bumped into Grace who was carrying mine, hers and Dawn pyjamas. They normally leave a pair over.

“Hey I’ll carry some of that delicious food for you.” I smiled gratefully and we entered the living room which has been transformed by Dawn. The cushions were on the floor with some blankets and glitter chucked all over them. Don’t ask me why, it’s some ritual we’ve always done since we met each other.

I can’t believe it has been about eight years since we met. Wow the time seems to have past really quickly. I can remember when we were nine and we used to dress up as princesses and prance around with our mother’s high heels on. They were good times! Yet I wouldn’t want to go back now, there is too much good stuff that is in my life right now that I will never want to let go of. Ok, I have had some bad things in my time too, but, hey, the good stuff rules!

Placed on the side I saw there were three different films, Dear John, Wild Child and Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. I love all those films so I didn’t mind which one we watched first.

Dawn jumped over all the cushions and picked up Dear John, “Please!” She begged using her puppy dog  look which doesn’t work by the way, but it is really funny to look at so we normally go along with what she want to do because to be honest, that’s what we want to do as well.

The opening of the film came up and we were giggling whilst trying to throw popcorn into each other’s mouths… it failed.

My phone beeped and I rolled over to where I placed earlier. One new message from Andrew.

Where are you, I’ve been looking for you everywhere?!?!

Awww he was worried about me… sweet! I looked at my phone and started my reply back to him.

I’m at home with Dawn and Grace. Sorry I didn’t tell you. Xx

I put my phone down but it immediately beeped again so I picked it up quickly as the girls gave me looks of death. I’m serious!

Oh ok… are you alright though?? Xx

I replied with: yes I’m fine now. Come round later and we’ll talk then. Shhh now, I’m watching a film and D&G are getting annoyed with me :D xx

I sent the text and put my phone back where it was. I carried on eating and watching and had a pretty good time with my beauties!

Two hours later the girls left when I told them Andrew was coming over. They said they’d go to Sean and Michael’s and we happily said goodbye to each other.

‘Now just relax until your gorgeous boyfriend comes round’ I said to myself.

All I got was five minutes before the doorbell rang.

I opened the door and was embraced into a hug.

“Hey beautiful!”

I kissed him meaning a hello back.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” He asked worriedly.

I nodded, “Yes I’m fine now. You don’t need to worry anymore but thank you anyway.” I said and dragged him to the still messed up living room. I pushed him onto the couch and snuggled up to him. We spent the rest of the night alone, talking about anything.

We even decided on names. Cassie for a girl, and Carson for a boy. I’ve already fallen in love with those names and we only chose them recently.

Even though we didn’t do anything, it still was an enjoyable evening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I'm extremely sorry that it's been nearly a month since I last uploaded. I hope you forgive me :) Please tell me what you think!

Thank you for your support!