Vampires and an Arranged Marriage:: Chapter Two

Chapter Two:: Anger and Confusion

The car ride to Jake's house had been torture. All his parents talked about was how lucky I was to marry their son and how i should be looking foreword to it. Yeah right. Jake just sat there gazing out the window and looking gorgeous...as usual.

Dinner was slightly different but still torture. Instead of talking about their son they talked about the WEDDING!!

I know that this was the topic I was supposed to secretly listen in on but intead I stared at the water in my cup. The only things I heard were:

1. The wedding is in 6 months

2. That's all

I'm pathetic. I know.

I exused myself ASAP and ran out the room and started wondering the place. With all the silence around the house it gave me time to think. Which was the last thing on my list right now.

I found that I missed Ethan terribly and it had only been 6 hours since I seen him last. Did that mean I still liked him?? It couldn't beacause earlier I was over him but now here am; wondering about if I like him or not. I need a life.

To stop all my confusion I finally looked around at where I was. I was in a room filled with guitars!! I grabbed one and strummed a few chords. I started playing Smoke On Water by:... I forgot...

Anyways; I put the guitar down and went into the hall. It was stunning! It was decorated so laveshly that....

"What are you doing here?? You are wanted in the living room!" a maid screamed at me from across the room.

"Well...I-I-I don't quite know where that is." I stuttered stupidly.

She rolled her eyes and started walking away motioning for me to follow her. I did but accidentally ran into her when she suddenly stopped in the middle of the hall and bumped into the wall.

"You stupid girl! You know nothing!" she said and slapped me across the cheek instead of helping me up.

Just at the very same moment that Jake walked into the hall.

"What are you doing!!" he screamed at her and shoved her aginst the wall grabbing her neak.

"Nothing I-I-I!!" shse sobbed loudly.

"So hitting my fiance and the queen-to-be is nothing to you?" he screached.

"No. I-I m-mean....."

"You are dissmissed." he said and slapped her across the cheek. Jake turned and helped me up.

"Are you okay?" he asked me while the maid ran out the hall.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I responded atomatically.

Jake gentaly carrassed my face with his ice cold hands....ICE COLD HANDS??? I looked curiously at him but he gentaly applied slight pressure and I flinched, forgetting about his unusually cold skin.

"Let's get you some ice." he said while grabbing my hand and pulling me along behind him. He brought me into the kitchen and placed me on the counter clostest to the fridge. He grabbed some ice and put in on my still burning cheek.

"I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere!" he ordered me and left the room. I decided I was thirsty and still carrying the ice, looked in the huge fridge for something to drink. I spotted some red liquid and thinking it was koolaid poured a big glass. I closed the fridge and started to take a sip but the glass got knocked out of my hands and spilled all over the floor.

I looked up and Jake was standing beside me. He grabbed my chin and ever-so-carfully pulled my face close to his. He removed the ice and sweetly kissed my cheek.

"Better?" he asked his face still close to mine. I nodded and he picked me up and brought me to OUR room.

He set me down on the bed and I fell into the magical world of dreams in his arms.

*Earlier*

"You two will be sharing a bedroom together...." his mom, Miranda droned on over tea with her when we first arrived.

I was about to object but she must have noticed because she said

"There will be no objecting or complaing. If you feel that strongly about it then you must sleep in the rain outside and all your prilages will be taken away immediently.

It was then I decided that I hated that woman with a passion.