01. You Only Live Once

Someone once said that you only live once, but that's complete fucking bullshit

If I had a dime for every time someone who was supposed to be dead wasn't, I'd be one rich motherfucker. I'd have more money than Donald Trump and Bill Gates combined. I'd be able to bathe in one hundred dollar bills and throw cash into the air like it's rain. Hell, I'd even be able to wipe my ass with it.

But alas, I never got a dime every time someone lied about their death, which resulted in me being poor as fuck. My family had money at one point in time, but then my parents had to go and die. The little money they'd left us had been divided equally between my two older brothersgreedy bastards. I didn't get a penny of that blood money, which may have explained why my taste for blood and vengeance grew as I got older.

I thought one day my brothers would include me in the family businessillegal or not— but it never happened. They wanted me to go to college and get an education. Which really meant that they wanted me to drown in student debt and lose my perfect physique to the notorious freshman 15.

I would've rather died than go to college. It was too run-of-the-mill for me. I wanted to live an extraordinary life, not an ordinary one.

And if I couldn't be a part of the infamous family business, neither could they, which is exactly why my brothers were tied up in the back of a van at midnight. I was going to kill them, as soon as they woke up.

I'd drugged the both of them with a strong dose of devil's breath and heroin to knock them out for a few hours. It'd been ten hours since then, but the dealer who I'd bought the drugs off of said it was normal for the drugs to leave their victims unconscious for several hours at a time.

Red had woken up two hours before everyone else and somehow she'd gotten the gag out of her pretty little mouth. She only screamed for the first ten minutes or so, before sending a string of violent curse words my way. I had to admit I liked the way she went from help me to fuck you. I found it both brutal and erotic at the same time.

I liked my women with a dark side. And Lily had a heart of coal, even if it looked like she had a heart of gold.

Maybe I'd keep her around long enough to become my sidekick or side bitch, you know, whichever she'd prefer.

"Where is he?" Red asked viciously, referring to her good ole' daddy. She'd been quiet for the last couple of minutes, but she couldn't go that long without talking. Unfortunately, it was a drawback that wasn't working in her favor. I wanted to kill her, just so she would shut up. "I know he's around here somewhere! I saw him earlier! Where is he at?"

"Over there." I pointed to the ground, about twenty feet away from where she was sitting.

"There's nothing over there." She tilted her head to the side, squinting her green eyes to get a better look. For a girl who was tied up from the neck down, she didn't seem bewildered or frightened. She was more irritated than anything else. Now that was something that I actually liked about her. "I don't see anything."