Seven

The next two weeks went on like normal. As if they didn't just send one of the Gladers to Banishment. I haven't talked to any of the Gladers. Newt, Minho, Gally, Nick, even Alby tried to talk to me. I still slept in the Homestead, but I would go to sleep earlier than Newt to avoid conversation. I feel bad, I said I trusted him and I haven't talked to him since then. I wasn't even there when the new Greenie came up. I didn't attend the bonfire, I didn't have another fight with Gally, I didn't dance. All I did was stayed in the Homestead.

Nick had me work with the Builders the past two weeks. But, that changes today because I get to start my day with the Runners. I would have been excited, but I'm not today. I was avoiding Minho, but he's my supervisor for today. He woke me up early in the morning and motioned me to follow him. We didn't say anything as we walked across the Glade. He took me to the Map Room. He explained how the Runners were suppose to take notes during their run. When the day's over they would come back here and draw a new map. With the new map drawn they would compare it with the previous days, even the weeks.

Minho led me to a secret room in the Map Room, "Got all that, Danster." I didn't say anything, only nodded my head. He sighed, "Look, I know you want space. You went through a lot. But, you need to pull your shucking act together or else you'll end up killed in the Maze."

I still didn't say anything. I only nodded. Minho sighed. He turned on the light in the dark room and my eyes widen at the sight. Weapons. Weapons everywhere; knives, machetes, bow and arrows, spears.

"Not many people know about this room. Just us Runners, Newt, Alby, and Nick." He went over to a chest at the far side of the room. He opened it and threw something at me. I caught it just in time to see it was a backpack. "Got all your supplies in their. Water, notepads, pens, extra underwear."

I raised my eyebrow, "Why extra underwear?"

He gave me an amused look, "She-bean talks." He chuckled as I slapped his shoulder. "The underwear is in case you decide to klunk yourself."

"And that happens a lot?"

"With these shuckfaces, yeah." I chuckled. "There's that shuck smile."

"Shut up." I laughed.

He looked at my feet then back at me before digging through the chest again. He walked over to me and handed me a pair of shoes. He told me that they were runner shoes and they get send up every week with the supplies. Then he gave me a watch, saying only Runners get them.

"Ok, go ahead and pick any weapons you can carry on you."

I looked at all the weapons. A sly smile went on my face as I went over to the daggers. I picked one up and twirled it around my fingers. It feels good enough. I grabbed two and tied them to my shorts. I went over to the machete and picked it up. I swung it a few times. It feels good too. I walked back to Minho, seeing him smirking at me.

"Good that?"

I smiled, "Good that."

》》》》

"You're running with me today. We're going through half of the section and work our way up." Minho said.

We were standing in front of the walls, waiting for the doors to open. Minho looked behind me and send me another smirk. I raised my eyebrow at him.

Minho held his smirk, but gave it to the person behind me. "You here to see Tiger off."

I turned around to see Newt walking up to us. I feel even worst ignoring him. "Mind giving us a few minutes?" I asked Minho.