Maybe Tomorrow?

I woke up in my bed puzzled, then a wave of thoughts and nausea hit me like a thunder storm. What had that person done to me, had it been the beautiful man? If it was had he drugged me? (And not in the good ecstasy way) Or even worse raped me?

I looked at my body under the sheets fully clothed nothing messed up. I checked my skin for any bruises, but I was fine and I assessed my mental state. I did have a headache, but I was freaking out worse than the minute irritation in the back of my skull. So, I laid back down and debated on whether or not to call the cops.

The door to Carrie's and my room opened to present Luscia and Brooke carrying Ben and Jerry's ice cream tubs, and a special sea salt caramel gelato which I presumed was for me.

"Hey girlie, finally you're awake Care bear came back, like half an hour after you guys split up and saw you passed out on the bed exactly how you are. I mean not exactly since you are awake now," Luscia's platinum mane slivered around her shoulders as she babbled on.

I worked out the math in my head. There was no significant time lapse, maybe a minute or so. How could that person move dead weight so quickly?

But even worse how would they know where I lived?

I sat up shaking the thoughts out of my mind, and remembered the headache which increased. I cringed.

"Hand me a Tylenol please?" I clammed my eyes shut.

Luscia popped down beside me, handing me the pill with a spoon and icy container. I popped the pill, as I took a bite of the soften, salty substance I glanced through my eye slits at Brooke who stood timid in the threshold.

I grunted, "Come on in sit on Carrie's bed. She'll be here soon unless her and

Lucas are shacking up."

Brooke was Luscia's new pet, a project to bring a shy girl out of her nutshell and into the "party life" of ours. She complied and smiled an off set grin causing her muddy brown eyes to crinkle at the corners. It looked forced.

Before I could ask why Luscia started gushing about her new docs, and preceded to shove them in my face, literally. The shiny maroon leather smelled like burnt rubber and a new car.

"They are SO gorgeous! Don't you think?"

I turned my confused gaze from a now pink, freckled cheeked Brooke, took a bite of the now melting Gelato before answering with just as much excitement, "Oh, hell yeah! You just have to let me borrow them, they would look so fetch with my new jeans I got from Gucci!"

"Totes!" she glanced at her phone screen in show, "aw shit. Max is waiting for me, but make sure and text me. Brooke would love to stay here."

"Great!"she noticed the hint, knowing full well I would never use "fetch" and "Gucci" because I don't even know really what they mean. "Totes," and "Text me," was her way of confirming me and ordering me to tell her what was up. I wouldn't tell her anything until Brooke left.

Luscia winked and shashayed out of the door.

"So, you wanna walk to like the cinema or something?"

Brooke smiled slightly stood up off Cassie's bed and snatched her bright 60s red side purse up up over her shoulder.

"I'll take that as a yes than," I mumbled to myself, before I looked longingly to the mound of books I still wanted to read under Carrie and I's bed.

----

Hi .! yes i know if you have read this story or stumbled upon it somehow i have not updated in MONTHS and i also know that the "chapters" are really short . But a new change in me is starting as the school year commences so I'm hopefully going to be on my (ish) laptop more often and able to start some other short stories and publish some poetry that i have been procrastinating doing and actually update this weekly or daily or smthn like that.

so

LIKE! COMMENT! FAN ME!

(if u want to i mean i probably wouldnt)