The Day Like Every Other Day

"Alexandra get your ass up, we have calculus waiting for us!" Carrie , my eccentric roomate, squealed in mock delight.

"Yay, but I'm not in the mood let me sleep for another hour than we can go watch a movie at the cinema or something else later," I moaned peeking at her from under my sheets.

My eyes closed as hers rolled before I felt a whoosh and coolness fall onto my body. The convict looked at me and smirked, "I told you to get up Alex, when being my room mate for the past year you should have learned by now I'm never going to let you miss a class unless you are dying," which was true. I now had perfect attendance , and multiple naps during lectures, that I had never before had until college.

I trailed my eyes down to the prickly bumps speckled all over the clear ivory skin of my arm. Then, my legs betrayed me by sliding off the bottom bunk and started rushing around. I threw my raven hair into a messy bun, put on some skinny jeans that had been lying at the foot of my bed from last night and scrambled into a large university sloganed sweat shirt because of the major "30 yrs in the making" freeze that apparently was coming soon.

Carrie flicked her strawberry hair over her shoulder, grabbed my combat boots, and my large book bag then headed out the door determined to get me out of the building before I could go to my bed again. After staring at my rumpled sheets in disdain I chased behind her to put on my old boots and book bag, only to see the snow falling gracefully on the greyed asphalt.

We rushed into class with seconds to spare, a dirty look from our professor, and sat down to listen to an ever long lecture about derivatives.

Oh, goody.

. . .

I waved my arms around in the frosty air, "Finally! I don't think I could have been in that classroom any longer! I was about to fall asleep or run away so many times!"

"Heheh, Alex you wanna get a bagel from the café on Lexington? I heard they got some new flavours and I know how bagels are your favourite!" Carrie smiled up at me with the idea of cheering me up after waking me for the god awful lecture.

"Sorry Care, but I think I'm going to go back to the dorm and get something to eat but, you are welcome to go by yourself. Stay safe," I smiled my little half smile, and started to turn away from her.

Her own smile faltered, "Yeah, maybe I'll ask Lucas to come, cause he told me the other day he really shares your love for bagels also!" her mouth formed a perfect circle while reminiscing on their past conversation.

My feet directed me the way to the dorm, as I waved back at her. With the dorm still quite a distance away I slipped in my headphones and started bobbing my head softly to the beat of the song.

My mother's life lessons kicked in, to always observe my surroundings. In front of me lay a salted, temporarily dyed green sidewalk, my left showed the beet red library and men's dorms. To my right stood tree after tree with a tall, beautiful man leaning against one and studying me.

Just cause he is beautiful doesn't mean he isn't a rapist! my inner voice said, another one informed me to go up to him and ask to shag.

My mind blanked causing me to stagger enthrawled with a strange dizziness, as I felt muscular arms grab my waist causing my headphones to yank out of my ears.

"Damn it! You jackass!" the words spurted out of my mouth, not because he was touching me but because he had made the earphones come out of my ears.

"Shh, it's all right babe," a cool voice that soothed me, I didn't recognize. It came from the person cradling me from behind, and the man from the tree was gone.

That is when I blacked out the first time.

~~

Hey! So I'm Mare, tell me how you feel about the story, yes I know the first "chapter" I guess was short but whatever.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!(:

I edited this so it would make better sense to the movie in my mind , thanks for reading .!