Chapter 4: School Preview

Sunset strapped her backpack over her right shoulder and headed to the door, "Alright, I'm heading out." She said to the Dazzlings who were glued to the TV.

Aria groaned, "I don't get it, why would you want to go to school a day early?"

"Because I want to see what we'll have to deal with until we graduate. I don't want to go in unprepared." She explained

"Well, good luck." Adagio said.

"Yeah, break a leg!" Sonata added.

Sunset waved goodbye as she left the house. She then made her way to her new school, which hopefully, would have a better start than her old school.

=====

When Sunset got there, a ginger head teen and two other boys were picking on a younger boy with brown hair and glasses. Truth be told, Sunset Shimmer was ticked. She looked around and saw a stray rock on the ground. She picked it up and threw it at the back of the guy's head. She shouted "Leave him alone!"

But the guy just chuckled, "Why don't you mind you own business gorgeous?" and shrugged her off.

But when he was about to throw a punch at the boy, Sunset Shimmer grabbed his wrist, shoulder locked his right arm, and kicked the inside of his knees so he fell down. "I said leave him alone!" She gave his arm one last push towards the locked position before pushing him to the ground. The two other boys tried to get her, but she punched the first one in the stomach then uppercut his jaw. Then she back punched the second guy followed by a round-house kick. She than waited for them to look up as her as she moved in front of the boy. "Now SCRAM!!!" And with that, the boys all fled. "And don't call me gorgeous!" She shouted as they ran into the building. She turned to the kid, "Are you okay?"

He smiled, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for helping me out, that was really cool!"

She blushed. "No prob."

"I'm Raf by the way." The kid extended his arm.

"Sunset Shimmer." She replied.

"Maybe we could hang out during lunch." Raf said.

"Sure, that sounds great." And with that, the two entered the building and parted as new friends. Periods went past and Sunset Shimmer was having a relatively good day, besides the beginning with the bullies and other guys howling and/or whistling at her. Not to mention Sierra was still mad at her for the other day. It was the period before lunch and she found herself with free time. She decided to work on her band's songs. She hummed/sang a tune and wrote down the notes. When she started working on lyrics, she noticed the girl at the desk to her left was watching her. "Uh... Can I help you?" She asked. The girl had black hair with pink tips and looked Asian (sorry if I sound racist).

"That's a REALLY COOL song you're making!" She said.

Sunset looked at it, "Uh, thanks? It's... not really that great. It's just something I came up with."

"I'm Miko!" She was cut off.

"Uh, Sunset Shimmer." She said, closing her notebook. The rest of the period was full of Miko asking her all sorts of questions.

When the bell rang, Miko ran past Sunset at the door, "See ya in lunch!" She said quickly.

"What? But I didn't..." She tried to say, but the girl was already gone. 'Oh no, Raf's gonna be so mad.' She thought. After getting her lunch, she looked around for either Miko or Raf, when someone tapped her shoulder. She looked to see Jack! "Hey!" They both said.

"I didn't know you went to this school." He said surprised.

"Oh well, I'm just seeing what things are like. I officially start with my friends tomorrow." She explained.