Chapter 12

Audrey kept looking at me with a bright smile. Her brother looked over at her.

"Time to go to bed."

She looked at him with a sad face. He removed one of her curls off of her face.

"Don't be sad, here i'll read you a story."

She looked at him then a me.

"I want Lauren to read me a story!"

He frown and looked at me.

"You never let Clark read you a story."

"But she's a princess!"

He bit his bottom lip and shook his head.

"Fine."

He looked at me and started to walk down the hallway. I followed them until we were all in Audrey's room. Her room was pastel pink and light blue, like I imagined. Adrian put his sister on the floor and walked away.

"I'll wait for you in the living room."

I smiled at him, he closed the door behind him.

"So what do you want me to read?"

She ran in her closet to grab her books but she was too small, I grabbed the pile of book on the shelf and put them on the floor. We sat on the ground to decide what to read. I took a Cinderella book and gave it to her, she looked at her for a moment before putting it away. I looked at all the princess stories, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Snow white and and many more.

"This one!"

She handled me the book, I took a look at it and surprisingly this princess story looked different.

"Bree Braided Princess?"

"Yea!"

She ran in her bed and pulled the blankets over her, she took her teddy bear and looked at me

She ran in her bed and pulled the blankets over her, she took her teddy bear and looked at me. I got up and took the pink chair from her desk, I sat next to the bed and took the book in my hands.

I opened the first page and started reading.

"This is the story of a little girl named Bree, she was a sweet and really pretty little girl."

I looked over at Audrey looking at me with big eyes.

"She was nice to everyone but she had no friends."

Audrey's eyes widen and she screamed.

"No friends?!"

I laughed a little and kept reading.

"Every girls had ponytails but Bree didn't, in her beautiful blond hair was a braid. Everyone called her Bree Braided. She had no friends because everyone thought she wasn't 'in style'. Her only friend was the cat that came to visit her everyday, Fuzz. One day like the others she went to school with her braid in her hair but this morning no one told her she was a peasant because only peasants wore braids."