"Shut up!" I yelled, crossing my arms.

They stopped laughing after a few moments and held me at arm's length. "Just know we'll be watching. And we love you so very much." Mom said, tears close to leaving her eyes.

I buried my face in her neck as I cried. It's been so long since I hugged a human, it almost felt foreign. Switching to dad, he placed a kiss on my forehead. "You really have grown up. You're so strong and beautiful." He murmured.

Mom kissed my cheek and they both smiled as I stepped away. "Goodbye Cherry." They said in unison, now seeming transparent.

My hand lifted towards them subconsciously as they disappeared. My surroundings disappeared as well, leaving me with two crumbling ice sculptures. "Goodbye Mom. Goodbye Dad." I whispered, wiping away my tears.

I wiggled out of the sculptures hold and stood. "I love you."

"Cherry!"

My name echoed through the woods, seemingly distant. "Cherry where are you?" Another voice called.

They were too soft to make out. "Guys?!" I yelled.

There was silence and then I heard yelling again, from closer by. "Cherry, yell again, I can't see you yet."

"I'm by a frozen pond! Well, on a frozen pond!" I responded.

I heard a clear snap and turned to see Sans. He seemed tired and out of breath. "Sans!" I snapped. "What are you doing out here? Do you know what time it is? Weren't you asleep?"

"What am I doing here? I saw you following some crazy light into the forest and then you didn't come back for an hour." Sans explained. Papyrus woke up after that and got worried.

I groaned and smacked a hand to my head. "Of course I woke you up! I am so sorry Sans. Where's Papyrus?" I asked.

He grabbed my hand and started dragging me away from the pond, leaving me only a last glimpse at the ice sculptures. "Come on, we'll head home. Can you call him?" He asked.

"No phone, remember?"

He handed me his. "Use mine. He'll want to hear from you first."

I nodded and opened the phone. A blush spread over my face as I looked at the lock screen, a picture of me snoozing peacefully against Sans. "Nice lock screen." I said teasingly.

"I know. It's my favorite one." He countered.

I rolled my eyes and started a call with Papyrus. After one ring, he answered. "BROTHER! HAVE YOU FOUND THE HUMAN?!"

"Hey Papyrus! Yeah, Sans found me. We're heading back now." I informed him.

"OH THAT IS GREAT! I SHALL MEET YOU TWO THERE!"

I snickered. "Okay Papyrus, see you there."

"GOODBYE CHERRY!"

I hung up and handed Sans' phone back to him. He didn't say anything. "Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"Yes." Sans said curtly.

I stopped him and wrapped him in a hug. "I'm sorry." I murmured. "There was something I had to do."

"Why didn't you wake me up? I was scared."

"I was afraid I'd lose her."

He turned and looked at me. "Her?"

I nodded. There was no reason not to tell him what happened. "Error did me another favor. And I didn't even have to ask."

Sans seemed to stiffen when I mentioned Error, but listened intently. "The thing I was following, it was a version of my mom. She led me to the pond, where my dad was waiting. I got to see them again." I grinned, tears reappearing in my eyes. "They took me to a place that was completely and utterly white, like the polar opposite of the void. I got to see them one last time. It was like a send off to my second chance."

Sans's expression seemed to soften and he wiped my tears away. "I guess that's a good reason. But you're still treading on thin ice."

I giggled and kissed his 'cheek.' "I love you Sans." I whispered.

He kissed me in return, meeting my lips with the words, "I love you too."

He took my hands and we reappeared in his living room, seconds before Papyrus. I looked at the clock and my heart stopped. "It's 3am?!" I said in a shrill tone. "You went looking for me even though it was 3am?!"

"Well, we were worried babe." Sans said.

"I CONCUR! WE WERE WORRIED YOU WOULD GET LOST OR WORSE!" Papyrus said. "BUT I SHALL REQUIRE ANOTHER BEDTIME STORY TO FALL ASLEEP. SANS-"

"Maybe Cherry should handle this one." Sans cut in.

Papyrus considered it a moment before nodding. "YES! CHERRY SHALL READ ME A BEDTIME STORY!"

"But I-"

"It's decided Cherry. Let's go read to Papyrus." Sans said.

I sent him a glare but went quietly. As I entered the room, Papyrus dove into his bed and looked at me expectantly. "Can you finish your first story?" He asked.

"The first story?"

He nodded. "The one with a fruit basket!"

I made the 'oh' face and nodded. "Okay, let's finish that story. Now where did we leave off?"

"The black cherry left the basket." Sans supplied.

I nodded and sat at the end of Papyrus's bed. "Well, after the black cherry left the basket, she became very sad. She did leave to help her friends, but when she left, she did not consider how the bad cherries would affect her. Slowly the bad cherries made the black cherry badder and badder. When she was close to becoming a bad cherry, the blueberry found the black cherry and panicked. Despite her protest, the blueberry brought the black cherry back to the basket, even with the badness.

They helped her keep the bad cherries under control, and helped to try and clean the badness away. And with a lot of time and a lot of patience, they cleaned the black cherry completely of badness. The bad cherries left and the black cherry was left, happy now that she had a basketful of friends.

The End."

Papyrus sniffled. "I like that ending." He said.

Sans adjusted the covers for him and we left quietly.

"Hey Cherry?" Sans said quietly.

"Yeah."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." I retorted. "But you can go ahead and ask another."

He chuckled and took my hand, stopping me in his room's doorway. "When does the blueberry get a little cherry action?" He purred.

I blushed madly and suppressed my laughs. "Perv." I said.

"But at least I'm your perv." Sans countered.

Suddenly we were in his bed, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist as he cuddled into my neck from behind. "Uh, Sans?" I whispered. "What're you doing?"

He interrupted me with a very loud, very fake snore. "Sans..." I whined.

He held me even tighter and sighed. "I'm more comfortable with you here." He said.

I sighed and relaxed. "Fine, I'll let you cuddle me."

"Aw, you don't wanna cuddle me back?" He teased.

"You're kinda pinning me this way so I can't roll over."

He chuckled. "Okay then. I'll deal with this." He responded.

I rolled my eyes and shimmied my way closer so his arms were still around me and I was deeper in the blanket. "Goodnight, Sans." I cooed.

"Good night, love." He parroted.

My eyes fell shut and I sighed.

Hello Cherry...