1.

"This is going to be great honey! You're attending a new school and getting new friends. That also means that you should get a job, but that can wait for a bit" my mom has rambled on about me moving since we started the car.

I am finally flying out of the nest , and getting my own place. It's not that far away from home, the other side of the town, but it feels a lot further. I'm starting on a new college. I will be attending the music line. I took an year off, now I'm back to school.

"Are you listening to what I'm saying?" Mom asks annoyed.

"No I didn't catch it"

"Do you have all the stuff you need?" She tries again.

"Uhh... Yeah there is a few small things I need, but I'm buying it later" I answer.

Mom stops the car outside of a building, because I'm paying for it I live up in the attic. It's small, but enough room for me. I don't really have a lot of stuff, just a little furniture and clothes. That's all.

"Are you excited?" My mom takes my hand and squeezes it gently. I nod before looking back to the building.

I pick my bag up from the floor of the car and open the door.
When I open the door I hit something. I hear a crash and a moan.

"Oh my god!" I gasp as I hurry to get out of the car to see who I have hit and if the person was alright.

A boy with his glasses now crooked on his nose is laying on the ground in front of me.

"I am so so sorry!" I reach for his hand to help him up.

"Don't worry. It's always nice to be hit by a pretty girl" he compliments.

I feel the heat rise up to my cheeks, and I look to the ground trying to hide it. Are every guy around here like this? He takes my hand and I pull him up. Oh my god so embarrassing. What am I supposed to answer?

Before I can answer he's talking again. "You new around here?"

"Yeah... I'm actually moving in right now" I inform him.

"Which apartment?" He asks.

"It's called the attic" I smile. He starts to laugh.

"Are you kidding me? Are you living in the attic?" He continues to laugh.

I just nod and then hearing my mom clear her throat. "I have to go now, but I'll see you around" I say as I get into the car.

"We sure will" he states giving me the thumbs up then waving. I return his wave. "Wait! I didn't catch your name!" He shouts to me.

"Tessa!"I shout back as we drive away.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/n
This is a new story I'm trying.

Sorry if it's any typos. English isn't my first language.

Enjoy and vote. You can comment if you want too. That would have been cool...