"Want to know why I killed Reboot?" she says, as we all fight.

"'Cause he knows every outcome, every weakness  I've got, every step I might take, and he can remember them much quicker than  I can, and he can estimate which path we're on. He knew already, before we even began, which path we'd taken, and that he'd die, and that Reboot would die, and he tried to warn you."

She laughs, "But you didn't listen!"

She continues to dodge, or parry all of our attacks.

"Now, killing Reboot hasn't been my plan in any of the outcomes, but he dies by Hadet's hand, DEATH's hand, every time. Because, since, DEATH, is the one who decides all deaths but his own, he knew Reboot should've been dead, Reboot was supposed to die already.  But he had too much... determination if you know what I mean. But you should know, if Reboot was still alive he could beat me, really he could. He's faster than me, and can hack the code to give himself incredible powers. But he can't stop his own death."

"But by all means, if you think you can beat me," she faces me, and grins.

"Try me, Bones."

I hear a voice, and it sounds like it's Reset...

"...no , Bones. Sacrifice the cut-throat nightmare! The Devil's stone-cold. You're Wingdings' hopeful pet. ...Silence. The horrors of regicide? Criminal. Sleep."

...It's all been planned out since the beginning, hasn't it?

..

And I know what I have to do, and it hurts me, even though I know it shouldn't because even though it will hurt... it won't.

..It doesn't make sense, but..

The others are back, avoiding the attacks, and I glide forward.

I grab Carmine, and wrap her in my arms, lovingly, almost.

She looks at me, utterly astonished, like she's never seen this before.

She waits for me to say something.

"Perhaps it wasn't her I loved." I say, and it's convincing to even myself.

I look at her, and she raises her hand, briefly.

I force myself not to flinch away.

She places it on my face, sweetly.

"It was always me." She says softly, "I was the one who loved you."

It's surprising, and I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't curious.

"What do you mean?"

"I was always a piece of her. I was always her passion. Her strongest emotion, and I ruled her. I loved you, even if she didn't. Lucent and Aphotic... are practically my brothers. I'm... I'm the Frisk of their world, Sans. And I remember."

She talks like she means it, and, I feel myself easing into her slick speech, and her wave of lies, because I'm wounded, and she's the only one giving out bandages.

I hold her closer, in the edge of my mind I hear the others teleporting to safety.

I notice she's touching the left side of my face.

"I just want Frisk's soul so I can become physical... I don't want to be a virus. My core file got corrupted during a soft reset.. and.. I got booted into the code, trapped, incorporeal. I found the girl, and I saw that your Frisk was dead, and so I attached myself to her, as if a symbiote, etching myself into her passion. I didn't mean to hurt anyone... and then I saw you, and the way you moved, how you stood. I grew to love you through every reset, and every time I hurt you, everytime she hurt you, I broke a little. So finally, I grew to the point of forcing her to feel for you, like  I did. And I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you anymore..."