Chapter 1 - Asriel

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," Chara said quivering, "I didn't-"Asriel leaned in closer and held his fingers as if he was going to snap them again. Whatever Chara was going to say was stopped. It appeared Chara wasn't too stupid.

Asriel took of his chain belt. Chara tensed up, eyes wide. What did they think he was going to do? He didn't wear the chain because he his pants were a size too big. He thought it made him look more powerful; in a hardened, no-nonsense sort of way. Yet he knew what would make him look even better.

Asriel tossed the container off to the side. He didn't need it anyway. He took the chain and wrapped it around Chara's neck. Not too tight. He didn't want to hurt the precious itty-bitty human. Chara knew better than to resist, in fact upon seeing the chain's use, the small human looked almost... relieved? Again, humans make absolutely no sense.

There was enough slack for Asriel to get a good grip on his new prisoner. He could see it now. He would be known as a monster so powerful that he owned his own human. Dad would be so proud... dad.

The sense of Accomplishment faded swiftly into concern. His grip on the chain tightened. His parents were going to be a problem.

"Come on." Asriel said pulling gently on the Chain. Chara struggled a bit but didn't get up.

"I said come on!" Asriel said, quickly loosing patience.

"Wait." Chara sputtered through audible breathing. "I... I can't move. It hurts." Asriel pinched the fur between his eyes and exhaled loudly.

"Fine," Said Asriel. He knelt down next to Chara and flung their nearest arm over his shoulder. With his left arm holding Chara's, and his right still holding the chain, he used his knees and bolted up.

His knees buckled, almost falling over. Dear god, humans are heavy. This whole thing was going to be a disaster. Was it too late to go back on the killing part?

Asriel, doing the work of what felt like four or five competent monsters all put together, dragged Chara out of the cave. The River Person would be arriving soon at the usual place. It was time to go home. At least it sucked more for Chara then it did for him... probably.

~*~

Asriel felt like all the air in the underground had left his mouth after he let go. Chara was finally in the boat. Asriel had his hands on his knees to prevent himself from falling over. He tried to catch his breath. Sweat bathed his coat of fur.

"Oh, hello," A familiar smooth and silky voice said, "It's nice to meet you." It was the River Person. It stood at the bow of the canoe-like boat. Its' entire form was that of a dark blue cloak. An opening in its' hood showed an unnatural void of darkness that seemed to stretch on into another world.

The sounds of gently flowing water echoed down the narrow corridor. The river was barely wider than the already small boat. One could even hardly call it a river. Asriel climbed into the boat.

Realizing he let go of the chain, he quickly fished around the wooden floor of the boat until he had it in his hands. Chara made no move to escape. Their injuries probably crippled them. They were not as paralyzed as Asriel after he carried them for what felt like eternity, that's for sure.

"Say, have we met before?" said the River Person. Out of all the strange monsters in the underground, this being was the most perplexing. Asriel saw them often, sometimes multiple times a day, yet the River Person never remembered him. Still, its' service was extremely useful.

"Just take me to the King's Castle." Asriel said through now steadied breathing. Without hesitation they boat started to move through the dark, watery corridor.