Chapter 1~ Bye Bye~ Lindsay

"Oh, and this is my dorm room. That's Zeke, my roommate." My brother finished, pointing across his dorm room at a long haired red headed boy. He lifted his head, his black rimmed glasses askew on his nose.

"Hi." I said, waving. He set the book he had been reading beside him and set it on the bed.

"Zeke, this is my sister Lindsay. Linds, this is my best friend and roommate Zeke." I extended my hand, smiling at the ginger boy.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Lindsay. I've heard a lot about you." He replied, taking my hand in his own, smirking. I raised an eyebrow as I turned to face my brother. He shrugged, barely paying attention to me.

"Mom and Dad want you to marry a good little Christian boy, so I thought I'd try to set you two up." I could feel my cheeks heat up in anger and embarrassment. Why in the world would Jordan do that?

"Don't worry, I don't bite." How could such a nerdy guy be so flirtatious? Is this how all college boys were?

"Well unless you want him too." My brother added, poking my stomach. I glared at the both of them and backed out of the room.

"Oh! Here." I smiled as I dug through my bag and pulled out a box. I shoved it into my brother's arms, he looked down at it in confusion.

"What is it?" Zeke asked, staring at the box over Jordan's shoulder.

"A box of condoms. Mom and Dad gave them to me. . . but I obviously won't be having sex and won't have to give anyone any, so you two can have them." Zeke started to bust up as my brother pushed the box back toward me.

"You keep them, just in case. I don't need perfect little Linds getting pregnant." I shook my head and backed up, leaving the box in his arms.

"I've got to go meet my roommate, I'll see you idiot Juniors around." I bowed and turned around to leave.

*****

"Room 243." I repeated to myself for the hundredth time. I grinned when I found the room. I slipped the piece of paper into my pocket, reaching for the doorknob. I opened the door and peaked inside. There was no one in the room. As I moved into it, I saw a suitcase sitting on top of the bed closest to the window. My roommate must be a nature fanatic or something.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I called out, setting my bags on the empty bed beside me.

"Oh, you must have the wrong room I was told I. . ." A girl said, jogging into the room. I looked toward the front door, toward the girl who stared at me without any emotion. She was pretty, a lot prettier then me. Her hair was a brownish-red and she had big blue eyes that seemed to have sparks in them as she stood in the bright light of the room.

"I. . . this is the room the secretary gave me." I stuttered, grabbing the card from my pocket again. The girl shook her head, her lips starting to part.

"No, I was told I would get my own room. They said I wouldn't get a roommate. Can I see that?" She took the card from me, her whole body still. I stood patiently in the middle of the room, scratching my arm nervously.

"Lindsay Brenner? You're dad is a priest, isn't he?" She asked, looking back up at me. I nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah. My brother also goes here. That's how I got in, actually. Other then my grades, of course." I watched as she walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her without another word. What the hell is wrong with her? I was about to check out the bathroom when my phone started to ring. I picked it up, hoping it wasn't my parents.