Chap 5

Carl's POV

"And you"

"are"

"It," Negan said as he pointed Lucille at me.

A string of choice words that aren't appropriate for children went through my head.

Oh god, I hope that someone finds Enid and lets her out of that freaking closet. Because my life was about to end.

"Anybody moves," Negan said, "anybody says anything, kill that pregnant woman after the kid. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Heh, you're all gonna be doing that anyway."

Negan raised Lucille over his head. I took one last look at my dad. His eyes were full of shock and grief. I have him a weak smile before turning back to Negan and gave him an even stare, willing him to swing. He started to bring Lucille down but a shrill call cut through the silence.

"Negan!"

Negan turned toward the voice and Lucille stopped its decent.

One of the Saviors, Dwight I think his name was, came into the light.

Negan gave him a frustrated sigh. "Dwight! Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?!" he said, gesturing to me.

"Sorry, Negan," Dwight said evenly. "But I have someone that I believe belongs to the group."

Negan waved him off. "Oh, I ain't interested in anyone else." He turned back to me and raised Lucille once more.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw to men come out of the darkness, forcing a girl in between them.

I turned toward them and my vision tunneled when I saw Enid, looking completely defeated.

What is she doing here?! How did she get out of the closet?!

Her eyes widened in horror as she saw Negan holding Lucille over my head.

Negan gave an exasperated sigh as he looked at Enid and lowered Lucille. He walked toward her.

"So you belong to them?" he asked, pointing to us.

She gave a small nod, fear in her eyes. She looked back at me. I gave her a condescending look. I swear to God, I was gonna save her life, take her back to Alexandria, then kill her.

Negan chuckled, "Well in that case..." He took a step back and punched Enid in the face.

Oh no, he didn't. I couldn't hold it in. "No!" I yelled. "Stop!!!"

Negan turned sharply towards me. He chuckled and walked over to me. He kneeled down so we're were eye to eye.

He gestured to Enid, "That your girlfriend?"

I don't know, was she? I didn't answer, just gave him a hard look.

He chucked again. "You know what? You've been a good boy, and I reward good behavior." He gestured to the two men holding Enid and flicked his head at me. "Put her next to him," he ordered.

The two Saviors dragged Enid over and threw her down next to me.

"You're such an idiot," I breathed

Enid gave me a small smirk.

Negan turned to face me from the center of the circle. "You should thank her," he said to me, "she just saved your life."

I looked at Enid gratefully and she gave me another smirk, but this one was sincere.

"All right," he continued, "now I have to rethink my decision."

He paced back and forth for a while. Suddenly, he stopped. "I know," he said with finality. He walked over to one of our group members.

Negan smiled, "I'll put this broad out of her misery," he said as he quickly brought down Lucille on Maggie's head.