Chapter 4

Carl's POV

Tonight was one of the very few times I ever saw my dad scared. Sweat and tears were tricking down his face, which didn't exactly reassure me, since my dad was confident 99.9% of the time.

The Saviors has us down on our knees while they surrounded us and took our weapons. I was worried about Maggie. She had a high fever, she was pale, and her face and hair were damp from sweat.

"Alright," one of the Saviors said, "Let's meet the man."

He knocked on the door of our RV. The door opened and a man came out with a bat with barbed wire wrapped around it.

"We peeing our pants yet?" the man asked. He walked out to the center of the circle. "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close."

He started surveying the group, giving us all a good luck. "Yep," he said, "gonna be Pee-pee City here real soon."

He stopped in the middle of the semi-circle that me and my group made. "Now which one of you pricks is the leader?" he asked.

One of the Saviors pointed to my dad. "This one," he said. The man sighed and walked over to him.

Touch my dad and it'll be the last thing you do, I thought.

The man stopped in front of my dad. "Hi," he said. "You're Rick, right? I'm Negan."

Negan! It was him! Oh no. We're in deep crap now.

"I do not appreciate you killing my men," Negan continued. "Also when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people,...you killed more of my people...not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that is."

I couldn't help but give a small smile. Yes, I know, he's a bad person and he's trying to harm my group and I shouldn't laugh at him, but what he said was kinda funny.

"But," Negan went on, "I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly...yeah, you are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes," he gave a smile, "yes, you are."

My dad was looking more and more hopeless by the second. What was Negan planning?

"You see, Rick," Negan continued, "whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order and the new world order is this and it's really, very simple so even if you're stupid, which you may very well be, you can understand."

Negan went on to talk about how we now belong to him and have to give him everything we have.

Then he started talking about how he was going to kill one of us to avenge everyone in his group that we killed. I hated it, but I could see his point. He was actually giving us an easy punishment. One person in our group for the hundreds of people in his group? My dad would've done a lot worse.

Negan couldn't seem to figure out who he was gonna kill. He suggested Maggie since she was in bad shape already. Glenn caused this huge scene when that suggestion was made. Idiot.

"Ah," Negan said finally, "I have an idea." He went over to Rick and pointed at him with his bat, which he called Lucille.

"Ennie," he said.

Oh no. He was going off of ennie meenie miney mo.

He continued to walk over to people in the group, pointing at them as he said the saying.

"Meenie,"

"Miney,"

"Mo,"

"Catch"

" a tiger"

"by"

"his toe,"

"if"

"he hollers,"

"let him go."

"My mother"

"told me"

"to pick"

"the very"

"best"

"one,"

"and you "

"are"

"it."