I ran, breathing heavily and fully aware of the lack of energy in my system. I needed blood. Immediately. 

As I ran, an old spooky warehouse appeared around the corner behind all the houses. It seemed to be the best option for refuge at that moment. Graham would be able to pick up my scent from anywhere so I had to- -

Flashback Interrupted

(Elena POV)

"Wait, pick up your scent? Your talking as if he's a wolf or..." I noticed how she didn't look surprised when I brought the 'wolf'. "This person, Graham, he was a wolf? How? I thought- - "

"You'll understand everything as you go. But remember The Lamia?" Vanessa asked. 

"Yea," I softly spoke. "The group you were in before."

"Remember the rules?"

I stopped and tried to remember. "Killing others get you shunned...? I don't really remember, I'm sorry."

"You almost got it. Killing other vampires get us punished. But killing one of our own, gets us shunned."

"Oh ya ya" It came back to me. "But if your group was composed of vampires and wolves, why does killing vampires only get you punished?"

"Well wolves are sorta human-ish.  So, they reproduce. Just like witches. Vampires on the other hand, need to be made. We can't transform wolves and witches into vampires. It's not possible. It's like their bodies reject our blood. So we can't make more vampires. We're...endangered" Vanessa scoffed. 

"But I swear, Andrew told me that he was a...a wandering soul before?" I recalled.

"Yea. He was. A couple vampires were transformed from wandering souls. From a society named The Forbidden. A very powerful witch actually thought experimenting with his magic on a couple wandering souls was a good idea. The experiment didn't work out for most souls. But some turned out to be vampires."

"And that includes Andrew." 

Vanessa nodded. 

"Then why not continue to try make more?"

"Beside the collateral damage?" Vanessa laughed. "Well, even though this witch was all might and powerful. He died because he drained it all. Not witch today could exert that much magic and remain alive."

"Oh...that sucks. Anyway, as you were saying. Graham could..."

Flashback Continued  (Vanessa POV)

I was hiding behind large packages in the warehouse. It was dark yet with a neon blue tint in the light that was continuously flickering. I steadied my breathing and hoped I could regain my energy quickly. With Graham sniffing my track, stopping wasn't much of a good idea. 

My clothes were dripping with sweat and my vision was blurred. Suddenly, I sensed someone else's presence. I got up and gingerly walked out from behind the large packages. There was no one. At first, I thought it my was dehydrated mind playing tricks on me. 

I slyly walked through the huge technical machines, using every last bit of strength left to become completely aware of my surroundings. The machines were dilapidated and corroded, no longer displaying signs of mechanical life. 

"You shouldn't be here." I heard a voice buzz in my ears.  I turned to the side and saw a silhouette of a man appear from behind the appliances. After all the running, no matter how much I tried, I wasn't able to strain my senses to their fullest extent. My eyes were starting to change colours from the drainage of power and the sudden requirement of more energy. 

"Who...who is it?" My eyelids were starting to droop. The light from the shadow's flashlight burned my eyes as if they were being set on fire. From the figure of the shadow, I was able to ascertain it was a man. He walked closer to me while I was squinting my eyes, still not able to see anything, 

"You need to get out of here" He whispered, acting like there was someone else who might be eavesdropping.  I used the rest of my energy to adjust my eyes to the blinding light, I finally saw his face.

  I used the rest of my energy to adjust my eyes to the blinding light, I finally saw his face

It was Cameron.