22: A year without Marshall

**A year later**

Fionna POV

"Fionna come down here breakfast is ready."

Ugh. I hate getting up so early but I can't miss having breakfast with my sis. She's been a little busy lately because of her family and all. So I'm glad we can at least spent a little time together. I got up, got dressed and went downstairs.

"Hmmm Cake, it smells really good!" I said.

"I made it just the way you like it. Bacon pancakes with eggs and orange juice."

"Thanks, Cake." I started eating.

"So how you been?"

"Ok, I guess?"

"Anything special?"

"Nope, not really."

"So...how are you and your boyfriend?"

Oh yeah forgot to tell you. After the incident I didn't leave the house for almost a month. I cried nonstop. But eventually Cake got me out. We went to a festival in the woods where I met this guy Justin. He is very nice. He has a couple of flaws but hey we all got em.

We hung out a couple times and one day he asked me if I wanted to go out with him I wasn't sure because my experience with boys is not really the best. But I said yes anyways. I mean it wouldn't hurt to try, would it?

"It's good...I guess."

"Doesn't sound that good to me...what's up?"

"Well...I don't know it's just...I kinda don't feel that spark I used to have with Marshall with him."

"I know it's hard honey but you gotta let go."

"I know but..."

"Look, I know it's hard but Marshall left you to protect you and I'm sure he would do anything to make you happy. So stop worrying and enjoy..."

"I guess."

"I have to go now but I'll see you later ok."

"Yeah, bye Cake."

"Bye Fionna."

I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I keep thinking about the same thing, which is keeping me from 'enjoying' lately.

Why did Marshall leave? I know he wanted to protect me but there could've been another way. It's not fair. Why do I feel so lost? I have a boyfriend but I feel like it's wrong. I know I should be happy but I guess it's just hard if the person that used to be your happiness is not here anymore. I miss you Marshall. Please come back.