8: Protective

Marshall POV

After a while we finally arived.

"Here we are."

"It's pretty," Fionna said while looking around.

It was a lake in the middle of a forest. The moon was very bright and it's light reflected on the lake. It was a bright night. Fionna sat down and pulled me down with her.

"How did you find this place?" she asked.

"I just flew around one night and then I found this place," I answered looking up at the sky.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Don't you feel lonely sometimes?"

I looked at her, confused at first.

"Well, sometimes. Before you came here there was actually nobody. But it doesn't matter because you're here now."

Fionna POV

"Don't you feel lonely sometimes?"

He looked at me probably wondering I'm asking such a thing all of a sudden.

"Well, sometimes. Before you came here there was actually nobody. But it doesn't matter because you're here now."

Sometimes I really felt sorry for Marshall because nobody sees what a nice person he is. I am just glad that we're...friends.

"Hey, Fi! Come here. Try this water!"

I went over to him and slowly put my hand into the water. It was cold. I drank a little out of it and I liked it. The water was very fresh. Then Marshall suddenly splashed the water with his hand and I got wet all over.

"Marshall!!" I yelled as loud as possible. "What the glob! Why did you do that?"

"I thought you needed to cool off a little bit," he said with a smirk on his face.

He then grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his chest. This made me blush...a lot. I should really stop that. We just laid there for awhile and it felt really nice. I liked it and I got the feeling of safety again. But good things don't last long. Somebody came out of the bushes and started yelling.

"Fionna! Are you OK?! Did that DEMON hurt you?"

It was Gumball? I was surprised because he almost never leaves his castle. And actually I wasn't happy to see him. He grabbed me and pulled me away from Marshall.

"I'm fine. I was just hanging out with him."

"I heard you yell! Let's just go, Fi! You don't want to get hurt now, do you?"

He took a hold on my arm again and started dragging me with him. But I got angry and pulled my arm away from his grip.

"First of all don't call me that. Only Marshall calls me that! And...NO! I'm staying here," I yelled at him.

I was looking back at Marshall, who was now standing up and he was furious. Marshall really hates Gumball and I don't even know why they hate each other. I turned back around to face Gumball. He looked hurt but his facial expression changed and he suddenly...he slapped me right in the face! My cheek hurted a lot..ugh why did he do that. Then...Marshall flew between us. His eyes were now red and his fangs popped out. He hissed at Gumball.

"What the fuck? Why did you do that! If you touch her again I will rip you piece of gum apart!"

"You can't do anything to me! If you do my banana guards will arrest you!"

"Yeah, right! I'm sooo afraid of bananas!" he said sarcastically.

Gumball was not that much smaller than Marshall but Marshall was fearless and much stronger. And 'com on he's pink and made out of candy.

"And I don't live in your kingdom!" Marshall continued.

"But I'm a prince!"

"And I'm a King! The Vampire KING!"

Every time Marshall came closer to him Gumball took a step back. Marshall gets angry really easily, especially if it has anything to do with Gumball. To be honest I would be as scared as Gumball if I would be in that situation but I didn't feel sorry for him. I just hope I will never be the person Marshall is mad at.

"I-I just cared about Fionna's safety," Gumball explained stuttering.

"Well, I don't care what you care about!"

I couldn't concentrate I was still wondering...Why do they hate each other?

-----------------------------------

Well you will find out why in the next chapter. This was probably the longest chapter I'll write idk yet. Hope you enjoyed reading...Until then

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT