epilogue

4 years later

3rd

"bren, you ready for bed?" dallon called out, his husband could get very distracted at times.

"yeah," he called out. "I'm in the bathroom, I won't be long!"

brendon stared at his reflection, hair flipped down in his face and glasses adoring his eyes.

he traced the scars on his chest and smiled.

arms slipped around his waist and he leaned into dallon's chest.

"what are you doing, my prince?" dallon asked, his head on brendon's shoulder.

"just thinking,"

"about?" dallon pressed, kissing the shorter mans shoulder lightly.

"us, life, how everything has happened these past couple of years." he concluded, turning himself around so he could look dallon in the eyes.

"and how I'm so happy to have a husband like you, who knows where I would be if I hadn't met you in kindergarten."

"probably trying to convince everyone you're the straightest guy ever." dallon joked, brendon smacked his shoulder lightly.

"oh piss off, you know my gay ass couldn't pass as straight regardless." the two laughed, knowing the younger was right.

"but really, I love you a lot. you've been with me through everything, you're a huge part of my life you know?" brendon's big brown eyes looked into dallon's vibrant blue ones.

"yeah, you're a huge part of my life as well. I never would've thought that I'd be married to my best friend in years to come. but everyday I wake up next to you, I'm reminded of how there is such things as love at first sight." the two stood in the embrace of one another, basking in the moment.

dallon broke away and pulled brendon to the bed, grabbing the bottle of coco butter.

"take off your shirt, gonna tend to your scars, baby." brendon did as told and watched as his husband cared for him.

dallon squirted the lotion in his hands before messaging it into brendon's flesh.

"you are so handsome, bren. everyday I see you I get the same feeling I had when I realized I loved you. this never ending feeling of admiration and butterflies. your body is perfect, no matter what. I see you and I see my world." brendon bit his lip, feeling his eyes well up.

"you don't know how thankful i am that I have you. you make me feel so comfortable in my skin, even on my worst days. you let me know that my imperfections are what make me unique, what make me perfect to you. you're my entire universe dal, I'm so fucking happy you're mine." brendon choked, dallon felt a tear slip down his cheek as he pulled his husband into a hug.

dallon pressed their lips together, allowing them to move in sync. the kisses were delicate, and full of love.

these kisses were what the two felt for one another.

admiration, trust, love, euphoria.

they broke away from the kiss, chests raising slightly more than before; foreheads touching, & fingers laced together.

"I love you, brendon, and I'll continue doing so for the rest of my life."

"I love you too, dallon, always."