Marooned on an Island

Annabella's P.O.V.

"If any of you so much as thinks the word 'parley,' I'll have your guts for garters." Pintel says and I take a deep breath.

"Pintel stop it you don't mean that." I say and he turns quickly to look at me and puts the gun to my head.

"I do." he says and I look away.

He laughs and I continue to look away, then look up as Elizabeth gets free just as the Interceptor explodes and she hits Barbossa's shoulder.

"You've got to stop it! Stop it!" she says and he laughs, grabbing her wrists.

"Welcome back, Miss. You took advantage of our hospitality last time. It holds fair now that you return the favor." he says, throwing her to the crew and I know better than to stop him.

"Barbossa!" I hear and turn to see the daring William Turner once again and very much alive.

And wet.

"Will." Elizabeth says, a small smile on her face but mostly shock is there.

"She goes free." Will says, grabbing a pistol and pointing it at Barbossa.

"What's in your head, boy?" Barbossa asks.

"She goes free!" Will says, clearly determined.

"You've only got one shot and we can't die." Barbossa sneers.

"Don't do anything stupid." Jack and I say at the same time and we look at each other before looking back at Will and Barbossa.

"You can't. I can." Will says, completely ignoring us and pointing the gun at himself.

"Like that." Jack says at the same time as I say, "You idiot."

I tune out the conversation until Jack speaks again.

"He's no one. A distant cousin of my aunt's nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice, though - eunuch." he says and I sigh.

Once again I tune out the rest of the conversation but look up when I hear the splash and see that Elizabeth is gone. 

I watch as Jack is forced onto the plank and then he dives willingly into the water after his pistol with a single shot and his sword and hat. I feel them pushing me and I struggle, but they have me at the front of the plank and I look down at the ocean, where Jack is treading water. They toss my knives, swords, and my pistols into the water and I dive, my tattered under-dress clinging to my body as soon as I hit the water and grab my stuff. Together, Jack, Elizabeth, and I swim to the island and we sigh.

"Marooned again." Jack says. 

I follow Jack into the shallows and I look at him as he speaks.

"That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship." he says and we turn to walk along the beach.

"But you were marooned on this island before, weren't you? So we can escape the same way you did then!" Elizabeth says, following us.

"To what point and purpose, young missy? The Black Pearl is gone and unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice – unlikely - young Mr.Turnerwill be dead long before you can reach him." Jack says and I look at him before nodding in agreement.

 "But you're Captain JackSparrow. You vanished from under the eyes of seven agents of the East India Company. You sacked NassauPortwithout even firing a shot. Are you the pirate I've read about or not? How did you escape last time?" Elizabeth asks as Jack knocks on a tree trunk, takes four steps forward and jumps up and down.

"Last time...I was here a grand total of three days, all right? Last time, "he says opening a secret door in the sand, "...the rumrunners used this island as a cache. Came by, and I was able to barter a passage off. From the looks of things, they've long been out of business. Probably...have your bloody friend Norrington to thank for that." Jack says, and comes out with three bottles of rum, holds one out to me and I take it.

"So that's it then? That's the secret grand adventure of adventure of the infamous Jack Sparrow? You spent three days, lying on a beach, drinking rum?" Elizabeth asks, incredulous.

"Welcome to the Caribbean, love." Jack says and thrusts a bottle of rum into her hands.

Much later we're dancing and laughing and singing, our bottles of rum half empty, and we flop on the ground, and I listen to the conversation.

"It must be really terrible for you to be stuck here again Jack." Elizabeth says and he nods.

"Oh yes," he says, putting his arm around her shoulders, "But the company is infinitely better than last time, I think. The scenery has definitely improved." 

"Mr. Sparrow... I'm not entirely sure that I've had enough rum to allow that kind of talk." Elizabeth states and I laugh a drunken laugh, taking another drink of rum.

"I know exactly what you mean, love." Jack says, curling his mustache, causing me to laugh so hard rum comes out of my nose and it burns, causing me to wipe my nose and continue drinking, until I pass out.

I wake up to the smell of smoke at the same time as Jack and together we get up, turn and see Elizabeth throw a barrel into a huge fire and Jack and I's eyes widen.

"No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade! The rum!" we say and she looks at us then the fire.

"Yes the rum is gone." she says, looking at the fire, her back facing us.

"Why is the rum gone?!" Jack asks, his eyes widening and I can tell withdrawal is a thing that will happen.

She whips around and looks directly at us, "One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me do you really think that there is even the slightest chance they won't see it?"

"But why is the rum gone?" we ask and she turns to sit on the beach, looking out at the horizon.

"Just wait, Captain Sparrow, You give it one hour, maybe two, keep a weather eye out and and then you will see white sails on that horizon." she says stubbornly.

Jack and I pull out our pistols, point them at her, then think better of it and put them away, stalking off in the other direction and we begin to imitate Elizabeth.

"'Must've been terrible for you to be trapped here, Jack. Must've been terrible for you.' Well it bloody is now!" we say, turning around and yelling it towards her but she doesn't hear us, we're too far away.

When we turn around we see the white sails of the Dauntless, and we mumble, "There'll be no living with her after this."

Guess who updated? Me! I am so sorry it took me so long! I hope this is good and I hope to get feedback, all Copyright goes to Disney and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, they have the credit for all the characters, ships, and everything except for Annabella. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and as always if you did please leave a like and a comment! I love you all and I will see you Sorcerers and Sorceresses later!