Tortuga

Hey guys so I'm updating once more. Also, I once again am going off of memory for the dialogue here, so if it's not right, please keep in mind I'm using my memory. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Jack's P.O.V.

"When I was a lad living in England, my mother raised me on her own. When she died, I came out here, searching for my father." young Mr. Turner tells me.

"Is that so?" I ask as I steer the ship.

"My father. Will Turner. It wasn't until after you learned my name that you agreed to help me. Since that's what I wanted I didn't press the matter. I'm not a simpleton, Jack. You knew my father." Will tells me.

I turn to face him and say, "I knew him. Probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else called him Bootstrap or Bootstrap Bill. I swear you look just like him."

"Bootstrap?" Will asks confused.

"Aye. Good man. Good pirate."

"It's not true. My father wasn't a pirate! He was a merchant sailor! A good, respectable man who obeyed the law!"  Will tells me.

"He was a bloody pirate, a scalawag!" I tell him.

I hear him unsheathe his sword and I sigh.

"Put it away boy. It's not worth getting beat again." I tell him, exasperated.

"I didn't loose. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you." Will tells me.

"Well, that's not much incentive for me to play fair now is it?" I ask him, and turn the wheel, causing him to have to hang onto the sail. "Now as long as your just hanging there, pay attention. There are two important things you need to remember: What a man can do, and what a man can't do. For example, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't. Pirate is in your blood boy so you're going to have to square with that some day. Now me, I could let you drown, but I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesie, Savvy?" I ask him as I turn the wheel again, holding his sword in my hand.

Will falls to the deck of the ship and props himself up on one elbow.

"Now. Can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?" I ask him, holding the hilt of his sword out to him, and he eyes it warily before grasping it and starting to stand up.

"Tortuga?" he asks, looking at me.

"Tortuga." I respond.

A few hours later, Will and I walk on the dock in Tortuga, entering the city.

"Will, I'll tell you. If every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted! What do you think?" I tell him as we walk.

He looks around before replying, "It'll linger."

A woman with red hair walks up to me and I say, "Scarlett!" She slaps me hard across the face and walks away, and I say to Will, "I'm not sure I deserved that."

Then another woman, a blonde, this time, walks up to me and says, "Who was she?" and slapping me across the face as well.

"I might have deserved that." I tell Will as we continue walking, acting as if nothing happened.

We walk for a while until we reach a pig pen where a man lays in the mud, filthy and stinky, almost cuddling with them. I pick up a bucket of water and splash him, causing him to wake up, brandishing a knife swinging this way and that.

"Curse you for breathing you slack-jawed idiot!" the man yells, then he sees me and says, "Mothers love! Jack! You know better than anyone than to wake a man while he's sleeping. It's bad luck."

"Ah, but fortunately, I know how to counter it! The man who did the waking buys the man who did the sleeping a drink while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking." I say, putting my signature look on my face.

"Aye. That'll about do it." he says.

I help him stand up and then Will splashes another bucket of water on him.

"Blast I'm already awake!" Gibbs yells.

"That was for the smell." Will says and Gibbs shrugs as if to say, well yeah.

We walk to a tavern, the same tavern Barbossa and I drank in all those years ago, and I go get Gibbs and I rum. Rum is good.

As I walk past Will, I look at him and say, "Keep a sharp eye," and walk up to the table Gibbs is sitting at.

I set down the mugs of rum and Gibbs grabs one and asks, "So, Jack. What be the nature of this venture of yourn?"

It seems like I timed this perfectly, because I say, "I'm going after the Black Pearl," and Gibbs spits out some of the rum.

"Jack. You know better than me the tales of the Black Pearl. It's  fool's errand. And from what I've heard about Captn' Barbossa, he's not one to suffer fools." Gibbs tells me.

"Well then it's very lucky I'm not a fool then, eh? Look, I know where it's going to be, and I'm going to take it. And I'm not only going after the Black Pearl." I say, my mood turning downcast.

"Mother's love, Jack. You aren't seriously going after... her?" Gibbs asks me.

I nod and he says, "Jack! You know you can't touch her! She's so heavily guarded, and probably well trained by now, not to mention, who knows if she even remembers you! What if she doesn't want to go with you?" 

"This is Barbossa we're talking about! We don't know what's become of her! Or if she's even still alive! Besides, Jack, what will your plan be? Run in, grab the girl, grab the ship, grab the other girl, and run? Wherever the Black Pearl is, Barbossa and his crew aren't far behind." Gibbs continues.

"I know that. Let's just say it's a matter of leverage." I say, and Gibbs get s a confused look on his face.

I nod towards the boy, and when he doesn't get it, I do it until he gets it.

"The boy?" Gibbs asks.

I nod and say, "That is the child of Bootstrap Bill Turner. His only child. Savvy?" I ask with a grin on my face.

"Leverage says you? I feel a change in the wind, says I." Gibbs tells me.

We smile and I say, "Take what you can!"

And Gibbs finishes, "Give nothin' back!"

We clang our mugs together and drink heavily.

The next morning we meet our crew, and that's very long and tedious, so I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say, there is an extremely short man named Marty, and tongueless man with a parrot that will talk for him named Cotton, and a woman named Annamaria, who slapped me, which I deserved, for "stealing" her boat. You know, the one that sank? Will then  promises the Interceptor to the whole crew once I get the Black Pearl and that about sums everything from the morning up.

"Oh no, no, no Capn'. It's frightful bad luck to bring a woman on board." Gibbs says.

"It'll be far worse not to have her." I tell him before walking up the gangplank and onto the ship.

Hey guys, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and if you did, please be sure to leave a like and a comment. Also, if I didn't get some of the dialogue right, I apologize, but I wrote this off of memory, so I can't get everything perfect. If I did, great! If not, that's OK, too. I love you guys, and I will see you Sorcerers and Sorceresses later!