Chapter Sixteen

Tessa POV

"What do you think looks better, Tess?" Will asked me as he spread a large poster over the span of our lunch table. I dropped my juice box on my lap to look at Will's work. 

"Do you think blue fits the dance theme better? Or would red give it a more lively feel?"

Will was on the helping committee to organise the dance. He'd spent hours after school with his friends and Poppy who volunteered as well, to get this thing going. His current project was designing the banner, which apparently wasn't as easy as he'd probably planned.

"Defiantly make it red." I said, bringing my juice box back to my lips and taking a little sip. "Have you by any chance asked Poppy yet?" 

He looked up from his poster, then flicked his spiky hair to the side.

"Asked her what?" 

"To go with you to the dance?" I impatiently responded, crossing one leg over the other. As Will continued to avoid my question I came to my own conclusion that he hasn't asked her. Which made me want to give him a little push.

"Well you know, I heard Dean Landers had a bit of a thing for Poppy." I faintly recalled a few girls across from me in Biology gossip.

I knew I had gotten Will's attention as his head looked up slightly.

"And?"

I bit my bottom lip eagerly. 

"And, if you don't ask her soon, some one else will." 

He shook his head, for some reason unfazed at the facts that I was telling him. Men and their stubbornness. 

"I don't need to ask Poppy, we're dating. It should already by obvious that we're going together." 

A hot puff escaped my lips as I shook my head at my confused friend. 

"Fine, Will," I sighed defeatedly, leaning back in my chair as I finished of the last sip of my apple juice. "Think what you want, but I know my best friend."

"And I know my girlfriend." He snapped rather harshly, getting me to slump a bit deeper in my seat. I'd never actually heard Will call Poppy his girlfriend before, so it was a bit odd to hear. I nodded at him uncomfortably, letting him get back to his arrangements. 

I bolted back up as I heard the bell ring, offering Will a hand with his many posters but only to be turned down. 

"See you later, then." I whispered, sending him a small wave before tucking in my chair. He nodded at me but didn't look up, only reassuring my thoughts that he was upset at me. 

I picked up my bag from the floor and walked out of the refectory. As I was walking down the halls, I kept on getting pulled to the side by the girls who had come to the slumber party last night, all of them very apologetic.

"We're so sorry." Alex gushed, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"We were just caught up in the moment." Laura added sheepishly, rubbing behind her neck. 

I looked at them both skeptically. I know they were my friends, but the way they treated me last night was something I hoped they knew I was never going to fully forgive them for. But I hate holding grudges, so once again I let the soft side take the better of me.

"It's fine, guys." I accept their apology. "Just promise me you'll never talk about Harry like that in front of me again." 

They both nodded like bobble heads, agreeing instantly and pulling me in a tight group hug. I was the first to retreat, giving them both appreciative smiles before carrying on my way to class.