Chapter Two

(A/N) Hi guys! So I just wanted to mention that even though I know this is going to sound over used, this book is different. What I'm doing with the narrations isn't what I think you guys were expecting. I'm narrating the chapters from the perspective of a little child, but using the knowlege and descriptions from a much older POV. I know it's weird and that a lot of you might think "Oh she acts so mature for her age" or "She seems a lot older" but that's the point. Please try to understand that, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me :) xx -Chloe

Tessa POV

My bed began to feel a bajillion times more comfortable the second my alarm clock went off. At first, I tried my best to ignore it. But as it became more and more louder I just gave up hope. 

My head slumped up groggily and I jammed my finger on my clock. 

8am. 

"Mum!" I yelled from my mattress. 

I waited until I heard footsteps paddle down the hall. My mums head poked in through my door with a grin on her face.

Honestly, how can any one be smiling this early in the morning.

"I don't want to go to school." I grumbled, crossing my arms angrily. 

She rolled her eyes at me and came to sit at my side. 

"Tess, kinder garden will be fun. You'll get to make tons of new friends." She began to list all the pro's about going.

But I honestly couldn't have cared less. All I wanted to do was lay in bed all day and watch television, was that too much to ask?

"Mum, I'm not going to go." I protested further, knitting my eyebrows down at her. However I didn't get quite the reaction from her that I was looking for.

Her head fell back as she began to laugh.

"Tessa, there's no more arguing. Now come down stairs, I've prepared waffles." 

My frown immediately turned upside down. 

Hopping out of my bed, I scrambled up the clothes mum had laid out for me on my desk. 

I made my way over to the bathroom when my mum kneeled down at my level. 

"Do you need help getting changed?" She asked, poking me in my tummy.

I giggled, grabbing her finger in my hand. 

"No mum, I'm a big girl now." I released her finger and made my way to the bathroom door, stopping when I realised one embarrassing detail.

I couldn't reach the handle. 

I jumped up and touched it but only to have my fingers slip of. I listened to my mum chuckle and with each chuckle, footsteps approached. 

I looked up and saw her arm reach out and twist the door nob. 

I pushed it open on my own and walked side, quickly throwing on what ever mum had put out for me. I really didn't care what I wore, we had art class today so I was bound to get these clothes nice and dirty anyways. 

When I finished, I skipped down the stairs one by one until I reached the last one. My mum applauded me and waved her hands for me to hurry. 

I could already smell the waffles in the air. The syrup and the butter mixing together on my plate was making my stomach rumble even louder. 

And the second my mum stepped back from cutting up my waffle in to little bites, I attacked. 

The waffle was gone in less than 30 seconds.