"Yeah...It's weird, alright. I mean...I don't LIKE it that I took someone's life....but it was hers or yours, so....it doesn't bother me that much, when I think of it like that. She was bad. You're good. She had to go." I told him. And that's exactly how I felt. Harry gave me a sincere and pity filled smile.

Harry patted the bed beside him. "I can't really move much, so if you don't have enough room, you can pull up the chair. I just want you close to me, though. No matter what."

I eyed the bed...tried to think of how I could lay, to be with Harry. I decided I'd hug against him sideways, with a leg over his, and my arm around his stomach.

It worked. He was happy. I could see the cute smile on his face out of the corner of my eye when I settled in and looked up at him.

"Thank you Janel. You saved my life." he finally said, after a minute of us just laying together in silence.

"Well, yeah.....I couldn't NOT!" I said, not wanting him to make me into some big hero or something. "We pretty much took turns saving each other, last night, actually."

"Ya know, when you held the gun up, it was like....aimed right at me! I actually for a split second, thought you were gonna shoot ME!" he admitted. I laughed once. "I really did! I thought either you bumped your head or something, and didn't know what you were doing, OR you were mad at what I'd said to Tammi earlier, about running away with her. I totally flinched....totally thought I was gonna die in that moment! I was heartbroken! I'm glad I didn't die, heartbroken! That would've sucked." he joked.

"She was RIGHT behind you. I was sooo stressed out and scared in that moment...I didn't have time to get up. I didn't have time to think about aiming....I didn't have time for you to move out of the way, or anything! I could see her face behind you, and I aimed for it. Her arm was up, and just about to come down and stab into your back. It was all like...slow motion....only it was so quick. I can't explain it. I just aimed how I thought it would go PAST your head, and hoped for the best. I mean, I DID aim. I did try. I didn't just shoot blindly. But I didn't have time to really think it out. It was HORRIBLE.

And I saw you flinch. I saw you put your arms up and block your head. And I got scared that I would shoot your arm!
It was soooo stressful and terrible, Harry. I was soooo scared that I wouldn't hit her, and soooo scared that I'd hit you, right in the head.....and anything else that could've gone wrong in that ONE second of terror." I explained to him. "If I'd have hit you in the head, I'd have immediately followed you to the next life. I couldn't have handled that for a SECOND."

"Right after the gun went off, I saw your eyes glaze over. I saw the memory form in your mind. From that night when you were a kid. I knew exactly what you were thinking. And then I felt the pain in my back.....heard the thud.....and my mind put it all together, what happened....it was so strange. I mean, I was still in a daze! I don't know WHY I turned my back on her like that....I don't know WHAT I was thinking! That one stupid move almost killed me. I'm actually really sorry, babe, that I was stupid like that. Because that made you have to take someone's life. I keep wishing and wishing....all morning....that it was ME that killed her. Not you. You've been through enough in life!" Harry told me.

"How did you know to get up quick and throw her off of you like that? Were you awake already?" I asked Harry.

"I had become conscious, and I was just laying there, in a fog...and then I felt someone sitting on my shoulder, and I opened my eyes, and saw you from the corner of my eye. And I heard you say "No no no...Harry  I love you." And you had a gun. You were fumbling around with it...your hands were shaking, you kept looking up....and then it hit me, what was going on. I suddenly remembered what had happened. And I felt a heavy weight on me when I tried to get up. I couldn't move. But I wanted to move. I wanted to help you with the gun. So I decided to try harder to get up. So I used all my might, and pushed up really fast. And I guess that's why I didn't know to turn around because danger was behind me. I didn't know it was HER I tossed off the back of me. I actually figured that out this morning when I was inside the scanner! I guess that explains why I didn't turn around...why I tried to help you up instead. I was just....out of it. I could barely see, either. Standing up that fast after being knocked out....yeah, not good. My sh.it was fucked UP, yo!" he joked at the end of his story.