Lets Not Have Any Regrets

R I L E Y

I sat at the dinner table with Maya just eating some macaroni and and cheese for dinner. We just sat in silence. It's like yesterday had changed something. Yeah I said I loved her but isn't that what sisters do?

I guess it kinda had a different meaning behind it. A meaning that I'm afraid to say.

I saw the ketchup on the table and my face lit up. I love ketchup with Mac and Cheese. Maya saw me looked at the ketchup and her eyes widened. "No."

"Yes!" I exclaimed picking up the ketchup bottle and opening it.

"If you pour ketchup that Mac and cheese-" I cut her off by pooling tons of it onto my plate

"If you pour ketchup that Mac and cheese-" I cut her off by pooling tons of it onto my plate. I grinned and closed the bottle. "So much better." I said and dug in once more. Maya rolled her eyes and continued her dinner only for the room to be filled with silence once more.

"Maya?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any regrets in your life?" I asked placing my fork down.

"What do you mean?" She said looking at me. "This is what I'm talking about." I placed my hands both sides of her face and looked her in those gorgeous blue eyes.

" I placed my hands both sides of her face and looked her in those gorgeous blue eyes

She tried to pull away but I just pulled her face even closer to mine.

"Do we kiss now?" She asked in a hushed tone

"Do we kiss now?" She asked in a hushed tone. I started to lean in only to have my dad barge through the door. I quickly pulled away and my eyes locked onto him. "Hey guys how was the zoo?"

"It was awesome!" Augie exclaimed with an excited tone. "Mommy won me a panda when daddy couldn't even win the mini game."

"Augie!" He said shushing him. I laughed and shook my head. "My mom strikes again." I said turning around to face my food once more. Corey walked over and looked at our plates of food. "Ooo watcha, ewwww...... Riley is that .. ketchup on your Mac and cheese?"

"Ketchup on Mac and Cheese tastes amazing. Want some?" I asked holding the plate up. He cringed and pushed the plate away lightly. "No thanks I ate at zoo."

"No you didn't! When you were eating the hot dog the monkey scared you and you dropped the hotdog."

"Camren!"

"It's true honey." My mom mumbled placing her hands on her hips. "You guys never let me have my moment." He whined and marched up the stairs. "Wanna comfort daddy?" My mom asked Camren and Augie. "Race you there!" Augie shouted and ran. "Hey wait for me!" Camran said and ran after him. "Well looks like I'm in last place." My mom shrugged and walked upstairs.

"Well back to what I was say-"

"Listen Riles whatever that was didn't need to happen, thank god it didn't happen." I was about to reply but she got up and walked away.

That was mean. I thought and pouted.

------

I heard Maya walking in the hall and I quickly got up. As I heard her footsteps near closer to the door I opened it and pulled her inside. "Riley what are you doing?"

"Bay window!" I said pointed towards it. She sat down and huffed, I sat down beside her and looked her in her eyes. "Maya it's fine."

She looked away from me and at the wall "No it isn't." I placed my hand underneath her chin and make her look at me. "I know you secretly like it."

"....I do."

"Then let's not have any regrets." I said and closed the gap between us.